Esteemed Contributor

I heard it reported this season that gift shopping is a big (the biggest?) stressor of the holidays. 

Do you agree?

How much better/easier would the holidays be for you without gift shopping?

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

Re: the stress of gift shopping

No.  Shop online or if you go to the store only purchase what you came in for and do it during the week (no weekends).  Happy Holidays.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

Not stressful for me.  I love gift giving.  I know what I want to purchase and just do it !

Respected Contributor

We stopped exchanging gifts in my family several years ago. We're all adults. We all have everything that we need and no one enjoyed anything at all about the process. The greatest gift we have to give is that of time and presence, which we've been enjoying tremendously these past few days with family members from out of town. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't find it stressful at all.  Cardi B did a clever commercial recently that says the size that always fits is cash.  We give and receive gift cards a lot and they are very much appreciated. 

Honored Contributor

I think it can be stressful, like anything else, if you let it. I do not gift shop at all, if I do need to gift someone, I give money.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ann1989 wrote:

I don't find it stressful at all.  Cardi B did a clever commercial recently that says the size that always fits is cash.  We give and receive gift cards a lot and they are very much appreciated. 

I agree that giving cash and gc's is easy, but we literally hand each other the exact same cash and gc.  I'd love to stop the hand off, but I have a SIL that insists on it

giving gifts to people who have everything is stressful

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The big item was the airpods which were sold out.  So you either did an IOU, bought something off brand or struggled to find something else.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

Guess the question would be do you consider cash and gift cards actual gift shopping.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

No because I start right after Labor Day, pay off in full as I go.  All that is left long before Thanksgiving is the wrapping and cooking.  I even buy my Christmas feast ingredients prior to Thanksgiving, except for the perishables.  No stress whatsoever.  Lists and more lists.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."