Honored Contributor

Re: the response to Jill going on TODAY

I don't know why it matters to anyone what she's doing now.  Her life, her choice.

My choice is that I never watch any MSM channels.  

Respected Contributor

No, it's not easy....BUT, she has contacts which makes me not so difficult! 

Respected Contributor

I saw her today on a segment about bedding. I thought she did a good job explaining the difference in sheets and how to make your bed more comfortable. Informative.

Valued Contributor

Her Facebook postings are certainly nothing fabulous, whether it’s recipes, household tips, quotations etc. All things that anyone can find on other online sites. I don’t find her a “lifestyle expert” at all. Nothing original.
Honored Contributor

As much as I like Jill on QVC as a host -- no way Jill on her "Just Jill" or her new venture will she ever be a Martha Stewart.

I find her FB posts boring and the spots on Today show are really not that great--I only saw the one about the refrigerator.  Who doesn't know how to "organize" or clean a refrigerator.

But, I did see JILL MARTIN who is the GILI person is on with her therefore, that makes me wonder if she doesn't have something to do with promoting Jill Bauer in her "next chapter".

Esteemed Contributor

@DREAMON 

Though you and another several, plus one that was rather dismissive of Jill regarding the content, I'll just tell you that I've been a guest in homes of friends over the years and seen the interior of refrigerators that nearly made me gag, meaning gross negligence to organization had led to rotten produce and protein.  I'd venture a guess that a lot more people could use a lesson or two or three in "refrigerator organization" than as not.

So for those here and on other threads whose egos just had to express some negativity about Jill's appearance, I'd like to ask that next time they simply save their time and try another subject on which to post.

Honored Contributor

She's so dull and pedantic. I don't see her as a lifestyle influencer. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sfnative wrote:

@DREAMON 

Though you and another several, plus one that was rather dismissive of Jill regarding the content, I'll just tell you that I've been a guest in homes of friends over the years and seen the interior of refrigerators that nearly made me gag, meaning gross negligence to organization had led to rotten produce and protein.  I'd venture a guess that a lot more people could use a lesson or two or three in "refrigerator organization" than as not.

So for those here and on other threads whose egos just had to express some negativity about Jill's appearance, I'd like to ask that next time they simply save their time and try another subject on which to post.

@sfnative ,

I think I have the right to express my interest or lack of interest in refrigerator organization.

It surely has nothing to do with ego and I have no idea what you are talking about .

I said her foot is in the door and hoped it would lead to more interesting segments. 

Below is my exact post...please don't translate what I have to say into something it isn't. Have a Good Night.

I am not interested in refrigerator organization one bit but do hope this leads to more interesting segments for her.

Her foot is in the door.

Honored Contributor

Jill was probably my favorite host but I don't for a minute think this "new path" wasn't in the works for a long time before she left.

Honored Contributor

@KKlim wrote:
It appears to be that someone has greased the skids for her on the Today Show w/ the number of appearances she’s had in such a short time. And now she’s also been on New York Live w/ Sara Gore and the other host at 11:30 AM EST. People that have been on TV and have more famous names don’t even have that many appearances..Her presentation is always precise , but very basic as another poster put it..nothing that innovative..Actually, what has me scratching my head is the whole different persona we are seeing of her now..All bubbly w/ Hoda and Jenna and wearing shorter frilly dresses w/ high heels .... When did all this transpire? Lol.. quite different then her Q days of not so long ago..

@KKlim, I noticed a big change in Jill's personality while she was still on QVC. She became more bubbly and more engaging.

First of all, Jill has lost weight so that may make dressing more fun for her.  Second of all, QVC is much more casual.  I'm guessing being on The Today Show calls for stepping up your wardrobe game.

I also believe she has a stylist and possibly hair/make-up person that is assisting her.  In her posts on social media she thanks a couple of people for helping her pull this together.  Not long before she announced when she was going to be on The Today Show, she posted a photo and said she had been in NYC for a new haircut and color.  It was a tip-off that something was going on because she was a Calista client prior.