Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,720
Registered: ‎05-17-2010

Re: the response to Jill going on TODAY


@kitcat51 wrote:

I think Jill is great & I miss her on the Q but a presentation about organizing a refrigerator is silly...I  think the topic is dismissive. How about something important about a refrigerator like the cost, best features, efficiency, noise, finishes, coming innovations, etc. Woman no longer tell men what color they want in appliances & stand by while the men choose...a refrigerator is big bucks so give useful information not a fluff time filler. I'm happy for Jill & the other posters, including me who were negative about the TOPIC (not Jill) are happy for her too. I wish Jill continued sucess & hope she becomes a featured contributor on Today with informative segments.


@kitcat51   If Jill wanted to give descriptions, features, cost, colors, efficiency, she could have stayed on QVC. That’s what her job was 24/7. She wanted a change.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,161
Registered: ‎09-15-2016

Re: the response to Jill going on TODAY


@Shanus wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

I think Jill is great & I miss her on the Q but a presentation about organizing a refrigerator is silly...I  think the topic is dismissive. How about something important about a refrigerator like the cost, best features, efficiency, noise, finishes, coming innovations, etc. Woman no longer tell men what color they want in appliances & stand by while the men choose...a refrigerator is big bucks so give useful information not a fluff time filler. I'm happy for Jill & the other posters, including me who were negative about the TOPIC (not Jill) are happy for her too. I wish Jill continued sucess & hope she becomes a featured contributor on Today with informative segments.


@kitcat51   If Jill wanted to give descriptions, features, cost, colors, efficiency, she could have stayed on QVC. That’s what her job was 24/7. She wanted a change.


Common sense can organize your refrigerator & now even low cost models come with bins, sliding trays, cubbies, etc. Jill is great, don't waste her talent doing silly time fillers. Good grief, I remember watching how to organize your refrigerator tips with my mom in the 60's & since then it's been done to death...it's so  dated & a waste of time.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,927
Registered: ‎10-09-2012

Re: the response to Jill going on TODAY


@kitcat51 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

I think Jill is great & I miss her on the Q but a presentation about organizing a refrigerator is silly...I  think the topic is dismissive. How about something important about a refrigerator like the cost, best features, efficiency, noise, finishes, coming innovations, etc. Woman no longer tell men what color they want in appliances & stand by while the men choose...a refrigerator is big bucks so give useful information not a fluff time filler. I'm happy for Jill & the other posters, including me who were negative about the TOPIC (not Jill) are happy for her too. I wish Jill continued sucess & hope she becomes a featured contributor on Today with informative segments.


@kitcat51   If Jill wanted to give descriptions, features, cost, colors, efficiency, she could have stayed on QVC. That’s what her job was 24/7. She wanted a change.


Common sense can organize your refrigerator & now even low cost models come with bins, sliding trays, cubbies, etc. Jill is great, don't waste her talent doing silly time fillers. Good grief, I remember watching how to organize your refrigerator tips with my mom in the 60's & since then it's been done to death...it's so  dated & a waste of time.


 

There are lots of people who have no need for insight on how to organize our refrigerator.  There are also lots of people who find all organization tips very helpful.  All kinds of people.

 

On this very forum, someone started a thread asking for the QVC kitchen/gourmet shows to show the precise Lock & Lock container that would go with the specific food sold (i.e., ribeye steam, burgers, coffee cake, etc.). They needed ideas and assistance on which Lock & Lock item would best store the specific foods and that amount of food. 

 

Now you see I find that amazingly obvious, and have no need whatsoever for someone to tell me which container is best for which leftover food.  Lock & Lock has all kinds of containers and sizes, use what works best for how you want to store your food.  But apparently there are some who find that kind of organization assistance helpful. 

 

Who's to say?  The first vendor that sells their meatballs with accompanying freezer containers with little meatballs on the cover could become a millionaire!   

 

I'm laughing, but I'm not.  Just about anything can become a profitable business these days. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,654
Registered: ‎03-15-2014

Re: the response to Jill going on TODAY

Has Jill given a date for her Today Show debut?  I'm kind of curious.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,448
Registered: ‎09-05-2014

Re: the response to Jill going on TODAY

This may have been mentioned earlier here or in another thread, but I'm pretty certain that Jill did not come up with this topic herself and went to The Today Show to pitch it.

 

I think that the producers want the segment and selected her as the appropriate person for the spot.

 

Is that how others see it?  She's just gong to give them what they hired her for.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,854
Registered: ‎11-03-2018

Re: the response to Jill going on TODAY


@JohnnyEager wrote:

This may have been mentioned earlier here or in another thread, but I'm pretty certain that Jill did not come up with this topic herself and went to The Today Show to pitch it.

 

I think that the producers want the segment and selected her as the appropriate person for the spot.

 

Is that how others see it?  She's just gong to give them what they hired her for.


I'm assuming Jill has an agent and was hired by the Today show to do this segment. 

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,161
Registered: ‎03-14-2010

Re: the response to Jill going on TODAY

I don’t watch any of the network morning shows...just a local news one. I can imagine though it is not easy to get on the Today show...so good for Jill. If she was on only to talk about organizing your refrigerator, I am sure her new career can only go up from such prominent exposure.
Honored Contributor
Posts: 23,941
Registered: ‎08-19-2010

Re: the response to Jill going on TODAY

Who would had thunk it ?

Regular Contributor
Posts: 185
Registered: ‎04-16-2018

Re: the response to Jill going on TODAY

Jill Bauer and Jill Martin (GILI) are very close friends. I know hard to believe as to me they are opposites of each other. A few years back Jill B was hosting a GILI hour and while introducing Jill M, QVC Jill mentioned that they were very good friends , dating back before Jill M came to QVC. And you could tell in the time they spent together that they were good friends. So, maybe Jill M put a bug in someone's ear. You know what they say, sometimes it's not what you know but who you know.

Contributor
Posts: 44
Registered: ‎12-31-2018

Re: the response to Jill going on TODAY


@Onefineday wrote:

I saw several comments that were dismissive about Jill and the focus of her segment on the TODAY show. I worked in entertainment for over a decade in New York City. Getting on the TODAY show or GMA is not easy. Agents, managers and lawyers for vendors, authors, actors, singers - you name it -  are constantly pitching their clients to these shows' bookers and producers. ABC and NBC make MILLIONS of dollars on both of these shows in advertising and air time is precious! 

Organizing your refrigerator may not be for you, but producers at NBC clearly like the idea and like Jill. I don't 'follow' Jill and I don't have favorite Q hosts, however, good for Jill-I wish her good luck!  


 

 

I wish her luck too @Onefineday