Trusted Contributor

Re: the response to Jill going on TODAY

@kitcat51 wrote:

I think Jill is great & I miss her on the Q but a presentation about organizing a refrigerator is silly...I  think the topic is dismissive. How about something important about a refrigerator like the cost, best features, efficiency, noise, finishes, coming innovations, etc. Woman no longer tell men what color they want in appliances & stand by while the men choose...a refrigerator is big bucks so give useful information not fluff time fillers. I'm happy for Jill & the other posters who were negative about the TOPIC (not Jill) are happy for her too. I wish Jill continued sucess & hope she becomes a featured contributor on Today with informative segments.

It is possible that they decided the topic for her piece. What you describe sounds more like something that would involve a consumer reporter.

Esteemed Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Have other QVC ex-hosts appeared on a network morning show in the past?

@deepwaterdotter  - Isn't Jill Martin on the Today segment with Hoda and Kathy Lee? (before she left; I don't know who is there now.) Jill Martin does the segment with the makeovers. I'm not really sure why she's there but they apparently like her.

The most wasted day of all is that on which we have not laughed.

Honored Contributor

Everyone starts somewhere, even a second career.   She’s got her foot in the door.

Valued Contributor

Can someone please provide a link to the segment where Jill is on the Today show?  I haven't found it.  TIA

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Respected Contributor

I am happy for Jill. This is clearly something she has worked toward.

Organizing one's refrigerator is a good fit for the Today show. Insufferably boring, and way more commercials than content. 

I wish Jill well, but her appearance is not enough to get me to watch even five minutes of that show.

Trusted Contributor

@spent2much @Krypto   Jill hasn't made her appearance with Hoda and Jenna yet.  She will post  the date on her Facebook page when she knows it.

I'm sure someone will give us a "heads up" when she does so we can make a note to tune in if we want to.

Honored Contributor

It's  nice   change from hearing about what ,you know who ,is selling

Honored Contributor

I did a search for Jill Bauer Today Show and the results were for Joy Bauer who does nutrition segments.  

I hope Jill is successful as I always enjoyed her personality.

Society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in. ~Greek proverb~
Honored Contributor

@sunala wrote:

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Have other QVC ex-hosts appeared on a network morning show in the past?

@deepwaterdotter  - Isn't Jill Martin on the Today segment with Hoda and Kathy Lee? (before she left; I don't know who is there now.) Jill Martin does the segment with the makeovers. I'm not really sure why she's there but they apparently like her.

@sunala   Jill Martin isn't a QVC ex host.  She is the Gili rep.  She was on the Today show before she came to QVC.  She does the makeover segments.  She does the clothes while a hairdresser does the hair.

My little dog, a heartbeat at my feet. —Edith Wharton
What greater gift than the love of a cat.--Charles Dickens

Respected Contributor

I have to admit that I was surprised her segment is going to be organizing a refrigerator.  I do wish her the best of luck.  Everyone has to start somewhere.