Honored Contributor

Re: the response to Jill going on TODAY

As an aside, Jill does what she is told to do by The Today Show.  She doesn't pick her topics, they do.

I cannot seem to figure out why people who dislike Jill show up on every single thread about Jill.  They don't like her.  Didn't like her on Q and don't like her now.  She's not a lifestyle expert, etc.  We got it the first 112 times you posted it.    

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

As an aside, Jill does what she is told to do by The Today Show.  She doesn't pick her topics, they do.

I cannot seem to figure out why people who dislike Jill show up on every single thread about Jill.  They don't like her.  Didn't like her on Q and don't like her now.  She's not a lifestyle expert, etc.  We got it the first 112 times you posted it.    

I guess for the same reason anyone posts on any of these threads, because they're there and because they want to... As far as it goes, do we really need to hear for the 112th time how much some folks enjoyed her on QVC, how 'sincere' and 'down to earth' she is, how 'great' she looks now and how much they 'wish her well' in her new gig?  It cuts both ways...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Did not see the show.  But happy for her.  When I watch she is one of  my favorite hosts.  She is so genuine and explains products in a sincere and careful way.  Perhaps they will also let her show organization for other things.  Luggage and travel, closets... etc.  

Respected Contributor

@Ceeceedee wrote:

I don't get how Jill has gotten as far as she has at The Today Show. I enjoyed her on QVC but she doesn't have "it". Her ideas aren't super and trying to be a lifestyle expert isn't working. She's sweet but should have stayed at QVC. During the sheets segment she cut off both Hoda and Jenna telling them to wait a minute. Her style is pretty plain and nothing that people would want to strive for. She's a good cook but basic. Again, sweet gal and I wish she had stayed at QVC. I think people have higher expectations for style experts than frig organizatio and thickness of their sheets. She's just too plain?

@Ceeceedee: Why should she have stayed at QVC? She decided to move on for whatever reason. I think Jill has done a good job on TODAY. I'm guessing NBC thinks so too, as she was invited back after her first presentation. Congrats to her!  

Respected Contributor

Still don't watch the Today Show so still don't see her anymore.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Lipstickdiva, I know. It seems to be an obsession. Yeah, make your opinion known. But to zero in on any thread that in any way is about this host is just odd.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

@ellaphant"Organizing your refrigerator tray" is hardly the stuff that NBC programming genius Sylvester "Pat" Weaver had in mind when he created the "Today" show.  He wanted a quality morning TV show that would get viewers up-to-date on the world events that happened overnight as well as the current events as they happened. 

Honored Contributor

Have not been a fan of JB for years, but she must be doing something right to get on the TODAY show more than once. I have a feeling she knows just how to kiss B--t royally and I'm sure those people love that.LOL More power to her, she has certainly done more to stay in the public eye than any former show host that I know of.JB is like a little Martha Stewart.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Lipstickdiva, I know. It seems to be an obsession. Yeah, make your opinion known. But to zero in on any thread that in any way is about this host is just odd.

Well, one supposes we all have our little 'obsessions' and 'oddities', now don't we...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...