Respected Contributor

Re: the response to Jill going on TODAY

It's certainly not as difficult when you are friends with Jill Martin!

Respected Contributor

I like Jill and wish her the best.  I think the idea of having someone on the Today Show to show us how to organize our refrigerators is kind of lame.  I already know how to do that.  I tidy up the fridge at least once a week.  Some of the tips they give you are okay and others are kind of insulting.  Common sense people.   Yep, it's Monday and I'm grouchy.  Woman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

@colover wrote:

Jill Bauer and Jill Martin (GILI) are very close friends. I know hard to believe as to me they are opposites of each other. A few years back Jill B was hosting a GILI hour and while introducing Jill M, QVC Jill mentioned that they were very good friends , dating back before Jill M came to QVC. And you could tell in the time they spent together that they were good friends. So, maybe Jill M put a bug in someone's ear. You know what they say, sometimes it's not what you know but who you know.

Ya know what though Jill  always referred to vendors as her "good friend". Not everyone ,  but often.   I think she liked to feel or to let us know that everyone she worked with was a close personnel friend for whatever reason.   I have  my idea as to why ,   i think Jill made sure to become friends with vendors as they may become valuable friendships one day 😉🙀. It's called networking and Is done  in business.  That's my opinion.

New Contributor

I don't get how Jill has gotten as far as she has at The Today Show. I enjoyed her on QVC but she doesn't have "it". Her ideas aren't super and trying to be a lifestyle expert isn't working. She's sweet but should have stayed at QVC. During the sheets segment she cut off both Hoda and Jenna telling them to wait a minute. Her style is pretty plain and nothing that people would want to strive for. She's a good cook but basic. Again, sweet gal and I wish she had stayed at QVC. I think people have higher expectations for style experts than frig organizatio and thickness of their sheets. She's just too plain?

Respected Contributor

I find her relatable; rather than presenting aspirational segments that only the wealthy can replicate, she is presenting ideas most everyone can adopt. If repeat appearances on a highly successful network morning show are a result of being "plain" then it must be working, working very well. 

Occasional Contributor

Good for her. I for one never watched Jill. Years ago I always felt like Jill was talking down to her audiences, so she just wasn't my cup of tea. Seems she is doing fine n good for her.

Occasional Contributor

I got one was never a fan of Jill. Clearly she had a good fan base to be doing so well. However I always felt she talked down to her audiences.

@ellaphant wrote:

I saw several comments that were dismissive about Jill and the focus of her segment on the TODAY show. I worked in entertainment for over a decade in New York City. Getting on the TODAY show or GMA is not easy. Agents, managers and lawyers for vendors, authors, actors, singers - you name it -  are constantly pitching their clients to these shows' bookers and producers. ABC and NBC make MILLIONS of dollars on both of these shows in advertising and air time is precious! 

Organizing your refrigerator may not be for you, but producers at NBC clearly like the idea and like Jill. I don't 'follow' Jill and I don't have favorite Q hosts, however, good for Jill-I wish her good luck!  

Esteemed Contributor

I was never demissive of her appearance on the Today show. But at this age if I need help with organizing my , fridge shame on me.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

It appears to be that someone has greased the skids for her on the Today Show w/ the number of appearances she’s had in such a short time. And now she’s also been on New York Live w/ Sara Gore and the other host at 11:30 AM EST. People that have been on TV and have more famous names don’t even have that many appearances..Her presentation is always precise , but very basic as another poster put it..nothing that innovative..Actually, what has me scratching my head is the whole different persona we are seeing of her now..All bubbly w/ Hoda and Jenna and wearing shorter frilly dresses w/ high heels .... When did all this transpire? Lol.. quite different then her Q days of not so long ago..
Honored Contributor

I never cared for Jill when she was on QVC and I still don't care for Jill. I also don't care what her second, or, for that matter, her third act will be. I don't find her likable and from what I've seen and heard her being touted as a 'lifestyle expert' is completely ridiculous. If that's 'dismissive', then so be it. Her fans can tune in to see her two minute segments of throw away advice, probably in full-on classroom teacher mode, as she so often was, but I'll pass...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...