Honored Contributor

Re: the response to Jill going on TODAY

I too posted on the other thread that although I thought Jill was a fantastic host on the Q, I didn't have much ambition to follow her newest pursuit.  I wish her the best; not many Q hosts go anywhere after they leave Q Land.  Hopefully this works out for her if this is what she wants to do.  Most past hosts end up doing infomercials in the middle of the night.

Oh; and I assure you I am not envious.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

good for her for doing what she loves and capitilizing on it-----I, however, could care less about how to fold bottom sheets or organize my refer---I do those things my way and don't really care what others think-----not into  that anymore. 

Honored Contributor

I'm not sure of the purpose of this thread. Yes, there were some snide remarks on at least one other thread, but to post yet again just opens the door to more such comments.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I'm not sure of the purpose of this thread. Yes, there were some snide remarks on at least one other thread, but to post yet again just opens the door to more such comments.

@suzyQ3  I know that “mansplaining” is when a guy tries to explain a concept to a woman when she already understands it, and “femsplaining” is when a woman does the same to a man, but is there a term when for when a woman does this to another woman? I’m pretty sure that was the purpose of this thread. She seems to believe we gals don't understand how getting our foot in the door and climbing the ladder works.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I"m happy Jill was in front of the cameras again. Hope it leeds to bigger things for her. But what she was doing was pretty unimpressive.  Segments like this are usually when viewers go and get a second cup of coffee or go to the bathroom.

Respected Contributor

@MaryLamb wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@suzyQ3  I know that “mansplaining” is when a guy tries to explain a concept to a woman when she already understands it, and “femsplaining” is when a woman does the same to a man, but is there a term when for when a woman does this to another woman? I’m pretty sure that was the purpose of this thread. She seems to believe we gals don't understand how getting our foot in the door and climbing the ladder works.

From some of the responses, I'm not sure all of us "gals" do ...

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@sunala wrote:

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Have other QVC ex-hosts appeared on a network morning show in the past?

@deepwaterdotter  - Isn't Jill Martin on the Today segment with Hoda and Kathy Lee? (before she left; I don't know who is there now.) Jill Martin does the segment with the makeovers. I'm not really sure why she's there but they apparently like her.

@sunala   Jill Martin isn't a QVC ex host.  She is the Gili rep.  She was on the Today show before she came to QVC.  She does the makeover segments.  She does the clothes while a hairdresser does the hair.

@NickNack- I never knew where Jill came from, except that I saw her on the Q a couple of times and then on the Today show. I don't watch TV during the day (a self-imposed rule of mine!) so I actually saw those makeovers on youtube. Didn't Lisa Robertson do the Gili bag shows? I really enjoyed Lisa.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

@sunala wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

@sunala wrote:

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Have other QVC ex-hosts appeared on a network morning show in the past?

@deepwaterdotter  - Isn't Jill Martin on the Today segment with Hoda and Kathy Lee? (before she left; I don't know who is there now.) Jill Martin does the segment with the makeovers. I'm not really sure why she's there but they apparently like her.

@sunala   Jill Martin isn't a QVC ex host.  She is the Gili rep.  She was on the Today show before she came to QVC.  She does the makeover segments.  She does the clothes while a hairdresser does the hair.

@NickNack- I never knew where Jill came from, except that I saw her on the Q a couple of times and then on the Today show. I don't watch TV during the day (a self-imposed rule of mine!) so I actually saw those makeovers on youtube. Didn't Lisa Robertson do the Gili bag shows? I really enjoyed Lisa.

@sunala   Yes, Lisa started Gili, and when she left Jill took over.  I wish I was disciplined enough to give up a little TV, but I'm not.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I have never understood why so many post such negative and down right awful things about former hosts.  It is almost have if they feel abandoned and have to lash out for the person just moving on to something new and different.  I am happy Jill is doing well with her new journey in this very short life.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

I think that most of the posters who have said negative things about Jill's future Today Show appearance would also have said negative things about her on QVC.  They just don't like her.

I doubt that anyone has flipped.