Respected Contributor

Re: the response to Jill going on TODAY

@kitcat51 wrote:

I think Jill is great & I miss her on the Q but a presentation about organizing a refrigerator is silly...I  think the topic is dismissive. How about something important about a refrigerator like the cost, best features, efficiency, noise, finishes, coming innovations, etc. Woman no longer tell men what color they want in appliances & stand by while the men choose...a refrigerator is big bucks so give useful information not fluff time fillers. I'm happy for Jill & the other posters who were negative about the TOPIC (not Jill) are happy for her too. I wish Jill continued sucess & hope she becomes a featured contributor on Today with informative segments.

It is possible that they decided the topic for her piece. What you describe sounds more like something that would involve a consumer reporter.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Have other QVC ex-hosts appeared on a network morning show in the past?

@deepwaterdotter  - Isn't Jill Martin on the Today segment with Hoda and Kathy Lee? (before she left; I don't know who is there now.) Jill Martin does the segment with the makeovers. I'm not really sure why she's there but they apparently like her.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

Everyone starts somewhere, even a second career.   She’s got her foot in the door.

Respected Contributor

Can someone please provide a link to the segment where Jill is on the Today show?  I haven't found it.  TIA

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Esteemed Contributor

I am happy for Jill. This is clearly something she has worked toward.

Organizing one's refrigerator is a good fit for the Today show. Insufferably boring, and way more commercials than content. 

I wish Jill well, but her appearance is not enough to get me to watch even five minutes of that show.

Respected Contributor

@spent2much @1Snickers   Jill hasn't made her appearance with Hoda and Jenna yet.  She will post  the date on her Facebook page when she knows it.

I'm sure someone will give us a "heads up" when she does so we can make a note to tune in if we want to.

Honored Contributor

It's  nice   change from hearing about what ,you know who ,is selling

Honored Contributor

I did a search for Jill Bauer Today Show and the results were for Joy Bauer who does nutrition segments.  

I hope Jill is successful as I always enjoyed her personality.

Honored Contributor

@sunala wrote:

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Have other QVC ex-hosts appeared on a network morning show in the past?

@deepwaterdotter  - Isn't Jill Martin on the Today segment with Hoda and Kathy Lee? (before she left; I don't know who is there now.) Jill Martin does the segment with the makeovers. I'm not really sure why she's there but they apparently like her.

@sunala   Jill Martin isn't a QVC ex host.  She is the Gili rep.  She was on the Today show before she came to QVC.  She does the makeover segments.  She does the clothes while a hairdresser does the hair.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I have to admit that I was surprised her segment is going to be organizing a refrigerator.  I do wish her the best of luck.  Everyone has to start somewhere.