Respected Contributor

the response to Jill going on TODAY

[ Edited ]

I saw several comments that were dismissive about Jill and the focus of her segment on the TODAY show. I worked in entertainment for over a decade in New York City. Getting on the TODAY show or GMA is not easy. Agents, managers and lawyers for vendors, authors, actors, singers - you name it -  are constantly pitching their clients to these shows' bookers and producers. ABC and NBC make MILLIONS of dollars on both of these shows in advertising and air time is precious! 

Organizing your refrigerator may not be for you, but producers at NBC clearly like the idea and like Jill. I don't 'follow' Jill and I don't have favorite Q hosts, however, good for Jill-I wish her good luck!  

Honored Contributor

Re: the response to Jill going on TODAY

I'm sure it's difficult to get on the Today show.  I say good for Jill.  I hope she's asked back.

I'd be thrilled to be in her position.  It's much better than presenting the same products over and over again and having such a rigorous schedule.

Respected Contributor

@ellaphant   Well said.  Appearing on the TODAY show is a hard won feat and obviously the network expects to attract viewers equating into advertiser dollars.  That they think so well of Jill is an honor. 

This will be her introduction to millions of people who are not QVC viewers. Perhaps she is going into a business featuring Home and this is a hugh start if that is her plan.  Good for her.

Esteemed Contributor

I’m sorry I missed the Today Show with Jill, I know she was great.  

She’s so natural on T V and believeable. I was lucky to see her during a visit where she was showing items and while talking had to go to the next item across the studio. 

I had new respect for the hosts after that. It’s a hard job!

I wish her luck!

Honored Contributor

I posted about this on another thread.  I wouldn’t say I was dismissive....rather that the content wouldn’t be something I felt I needed guidance with. 

I hope she does acquire some interested viewers.  I won’t be one of them because I don’t need this type of help and don’t want to devote any time to seeing what she has to say.

Esteemed Contributor

Happy for Jill!!!  Life after the Q continues.  Hope she gets a recurring spot.

Honored Contributor

Have other QVC ex-hosts appeared on a network morning show in the past?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am not interested in refrigerator organization one bit but do hope this leads to more interesting segments for her.

Her foot is in the door.

Valued Contributor

@ellaphant  For someone who doesn’t follow Jill, you’re certainly going out of your way to keep her name at the top of the Forums by creating multiple threads to talk about her.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think Jill is great & I miss her on the Q but a presentation about organizing a refrigerator is silly...I  think the topic is dismissive. How about something important about a refrigerator like the cost, best features, efficiency, noise, finishes, coming innovations, etc. Woman no longer tell men what color they want in appliances & stand by while the men choose...a refrigerator is big bucks so give useful information not a fluff time filler. I'm happy for Jill & the other posters, including me who were negative about the TOPIC (not Jill) are happy for her too. I wish Jill continued sucess & hope she becomes a featured contributor on Today with informative segments.