Honored Contributor

Re: the real housewives of orange county...9/7/15....with "news", spoilers, gossip

[ Edited ]

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I just watched it last night.  Brianna said that Vicki has been there 14 times in a year but Brianna also said she needs the help.  So I don't think it's a matter of Vicki intruding all those times. 

I'm not as impressed with Brianna as others are.  First, she's living in OK for a year and was complaining about not having any friends, etc.  Why not?  She has 2 jobs. She hasn't met anyone at work or through work?  She hasn't met anyone in the neighborhood?  That seems very odd to me.  I am also way over Brianna being on Vicki's case about Brooks.  I think the guy is a slimeball too but her mom is a grown adult woman and is allowed to date who she wants to date.  Enough already.  Brianna made a comment about not moving back to the OC because Brooks is there.  You mean to tell me she can't even live in the same city with the guy?  That seems a bit dramatic. 

I'm also not 100% Brianna was right about Brooks not being allowed to travel.  First of all, he's not getting chemo.  Many people are out and about and continue on with their life when they are getting treatments.  They have to work and do what is needed for work. They aren't sitting in their homes waiting for the next treatment.

I am way over Megan.  FTLOG that woman needs to mind her own business.  I cannot figure out why she is so involved in what is going on with Brooks.  What difference does it make to her?  Now next week she is claiming that Brooks' doctor doesn't treat cancer.  I'm sure Brooks has more than 1 doctor.  An oncologist doesn't treat you for other ailments you may have. 

Maybe I misunderstood Megan but just because you test positive for the BRCA gene doesn't mean you are going to get breast cancer?  It means you are at a much higher risk for getting both breast and ovarian cancer.  She made it sound like if she tests positive, she knows she's going to get BC.  And IMO her mom was right.  What difference does it make for you to know if you aren't going to take the next steps to do something about it.  What is she going to do with that information?          

You hit the nail on the head with EVERYTHING you have said. I know several people who have traveled while getting treatment and their doctors completely OKd it. She hasn't a clue what she is talking about.

I don't care for Brooks either but you are so right in regards to her growing up and getting over it. Her husband is no prize either and I feel like he is really controlling and he creeps me out too.

If she doesn't have any friends, that is 100% her fault.

One question though, did she say what her two jobs were? She is a nurse, right? I missed what she said the other job was.

Meghan needs to zip it. It is none of her business, period. I don't get why she keeps going on and on about it. It certainly isn't out of concern for either one of them. I think she is so desperate to be relevant on the show that she is trying to have a gotcha moment, proving Brooks doesn't have cancer. It makes her look cuckoo for cocoa puffs.

I think Briana works both jobs as nursing, one in ER, I believe, and the other I don't remember.  Maybe they are night shifts.

Honored Contributor

Re: the real housewives of orange county...9/7/15....with "news", spoilers, gossip

brianna said she has to be both "mommy and daddy".......and she said she works in a regular ER and a pediatric ER.

i wonder why ryan cant get them involved in activities?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

brianna said she has to be both "mommy and daddy".......and she said she works in a regular ER and a pediatric ER.

i wonder why ryan cant get them involved in activities?

Being in the service, I would think that there would be plenty of acitvities for families, which is why I am wondering if Ryan is isolating her to some degree, or she just doesn't have time.

Trusted Contributor

She works in two different emergency rooms.

Honored Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@HB glamma wrote:

I have a totally different take on Tamra providing the down payment for son Ryan's home. It is not unusual at all for parents who are quite well off to do this and in OC, it is commonly necessary. How on earth do young people pay high costs of living, food and rent and save up huge amounts of money?  Average home prices in OC, for a not-so-great house would shock most people and 20% down is a bundle.   Same with Vicki gifting Brianna the nice car (tho from the looks of it, Brianna is doing quite well on her own, unless there's been help from Mama that we haven't heard).  When parents are wealthy and have everything they need and want, it is normal for them to lavish their children with lots of nice things, and why not?  What else do they do with all that $?

There is nothing wrong with parents wishing their children and grand-children lived closer to them. It isn't "controlling" to say it is something you wish for. 

First time last night that Jim had nice things to say to Megan and used terms of endearment so maybe he's not so bad ?. Time will tell.  Megan is growing on me.

Shannon was very sweet last night and nice to see a good friendship with Heather.

No dragging on about David's affair so many viewers must have been happy.

There is a difference between helping a child who is helping themselves and helping a child who isn't. This has been a constant theme with Ryan as long as he has been on the show and he has trouble keeping a job. I have no problem with Vicki helping Briana because she and her husband work and support themselves, but Ryan does not so his mom is showing him he doesn't have to, she will do it which teaches him he doesn't even have to support his own family.

I would have no problem helping my daughter or gifting something if she didn't expect it and was doing her best to support herself but there would be no way I would help her out if she was doing the bare minimum to support herself. Why would I reward that? I mean if you want a complete spoiled brat with no work ethic then ok what Tamra did was fine.

ITA.   I don't see anything wrong with Vicki helping Briana as Briana works and isn't a lazy loser.  But, I do think she needs to drop the whole "Brook's thing".  It's ridiculous how she won't let it go. 

Simon helped Ryan out numerous times.  Tamra continued to enable Ryan and his poor behavior.  He appears to make numerous poor choices.

I can't see Briana having a lot of time to socialize.  She works full time and has 2 children under 2 years of age.  I, too, wonder if her husband shelter's her.  I think he's odd.

Meghan evidentally continues to poke her nose into Brook's health matters next week.  She says anything to stay relevant.  Her story line is really lame though.  I do wonder how long their marrige will last.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

From what I remember, Brianna never seemed to be very social. Once she got with Ryan, he became her life. 

As for Tamra, she's hiding things from Eddie and he's going to find out about it. Her son could barely take care of himself so why in the world he hooked up with someone who had multiple children is beyond me. I thought that in addition to the downpayment, Tamra also said she would help with the monthly payments. Eddie isn't the controlling person that Simon was but he's also not going to let Tamra run over him either.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Respected Contributor

I can't believe Vicki was yelling to turn off the camera, but she had no problem with the cameras rolling when she got the call about her mother's passing.  I always thought there was something off about that whole thing.

Vicki probably has plenty of friends in Oklahoma - she's there every 3 1/2 weeks!  She should introduce them to Brianna.

Honored Contributor

Maybe Brianna and her husband should find a church that they really like, that would help with getting social, there are always different things to participate in in church.......I think Tamra needs to tell her husband if she going to give her son that much money-she wasn't giving him 80.00, it was 8,000.00 and maybe if it is that esxpensive to live in the O.C., he and his wife and family should look at a place still in Southern Cal, but less expensive that Orange County.....

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Tique wrote:

From what I remember, Brianna never seemed to be very social. Once she got with Ryan, he became her life. 

As for Tamra, she's hiding things from Eddie and he's going to find out about it. Her son could barely take care of himself so why in the world he hooked up with someone who had multiple children is beyond me. I thought that in addition to the downpayment, Tamra also said she would help with the monthly payments. Eddie isn't the controlling person that Simon was but he's also not going to let Tamra run over him either.

And how stupid was it for Tamra to say it would be a loan just to appease Eddie but in her 1 on 1 she says Ryan is never going to pay her back but she'll just tell Eddie it was a loan.  He's going to see that so obviously that was done for the storyline.

Respected Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

Maybe Brianna and her husband should find a church that they really like, that would help with getting social, there are always different things to participate in in church.......I think Tamra needs to tell her husband if she going to give her son that much money-she wasn't giving him 80.00, it was 8,000.00 and maybe if it is that esxpensive to live in the O.C., he and his wife and family should look at a place still in Southern Cal, but less expensive that Orange County.....

i agree that ryan should live elsewhere than the oc, but tamra won't go for that.  i think she wants them close by.  i also don't think that ryan can afford anything that's decent in the southern ca area