Respected Contributor

Re: the real housewives of orange county...9/7/15....with "news", spoilers, gossip

I'm finding it harder and harder to watch the "It's All About Me-The Icky Vicki Show"!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Trusted Contributor

Re: the real housewives of orange county...9/7/15....with "news", spoilers, gossip

@Jacie wrote:

I'm finding it harder and harder to watch the "It's All About Me-The Icky Vicki Show"!

I can not stand Vicki....she is hard to listen to and very hard to look at.  Just all around ugly.

Trusted Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

ITA! Eddie hit the nail on the head with Tamra - he was so right in everything he said. Of course she will never tell her son it's a loan and won't see a dime of the money. She will probably support his family - her son is very lazy.

and a MAJOR loser. I can't believe any woman would marry him.

Trusted Contributor

@june22 wrote:

@Jacie wrote:

I can not stand Vicki....she is hard to listen to and very hard to look at.  Just all around ugly.

She is ugly, not only in looks, but also in her personality.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jacie wrote:

She was extremely rude to both Briana and the camera men.  She shouldn't be on a reality show making $50,000 an episode if she doesn't want her life on camera.  She's so two faced.  She is rude.

Meghan needs to stay out of Brook's health matters.  She is overstepping boundaries.  And, it's none of her business if people want to get tested for BRCA.  As her mother stated on the other end of the phone call...do not get tested unless you are prepared to make decisions and move forward.   It IS a personal choice.

Meghan doesn't know squat about what she's talking about.  She needs to mind her own health matters and stay out of everyone elses.  Chemo, unfortunately, didn't help Jim E.'s ex wife.  She is annoying.   I like that she stands up to Vicki, but her butting into other's health matters is obnoxious.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I just watched it last night.  Brianna said that Vicki has been there 14 times in a year but Brianna also said she needs the help.  So I don't think it's a matter of Vicki intruding all those times. 

I'm not as impressed with Brianna as others are.  First, she's living in OK for a year and was complaining about not having any friends, etc.  Why not?  She has 2 jobs. She hasn't met anyone at work or through work?  She hasn't met anyone in the neighborhood?  That seems very odd to me.  I am also way over Brianna being on Vicki's case about Brooks.  I think the guy is a slimeball too but her mom is a grown adult woman and is allowed to date who she wants to date.  Enough already.  Brianna made a comment about not moving back to the OC because Brooks is there.  You mean to tell me she can't even live in the same city with the guy?  That seems a bit dramatic. 

I'm also not 100% Brianna was right about Brooks not being allowed to travel.  First of all, he's not getting chemo.  Many people are out and about and continue on with their life when they are getting treatments.  They have to work and do what is needed for work. They aren't sitting in their homes waiting for the next treatment.

I am way over Megan.  FTLOG that woman needs to mind her own business.  I cannot figure out why she is so involved in what is going on with Brooks.  What difference does it make to her?  Now next week she is claiming that Brooks' doctor doesn't treat cancer.  I'm sure Brooks has more than 1 doctor.  An oncologist doesn't treat you for other ailments you may have. 

Maybe I misunderstood Megan but just because you test positive for the BRCA gene doesn't mean you are going to get breast cancer?  It means you are at a much higher risk for getting both breast and ovarian cancer.  She made it sound like if she tests positive, she knows she's going to get BC.  And IMO her mom was right.  What difference does it make for you to know if you aren't going to take the next steps to do something about it.  What is she going to do with that information?          

Honored Contributor

I too find it very weird that Brianna has made no friends agfter living there for a year, even if she doesn't work, she has children,does she not take them to the park and the library and little things that moms do when they have kids? What about in their neighborhood? It almost sounds to me like she hasn't been trying hard enough to make friends....They aren't going to come running to you, you have to get out and make an effort! I still find it very hard to believe that someone would make up having cancer and getting treatments, I know maybe someone would, but it just seems kind of far-fetched to me, and also just because you have cancer and are getting treatments, depending on your type of cancer and the treatments-everybody is different, you still try to lead a normal life, some people have kids, husbands, jobs,etc.......Some days you feel good and other days you don't....Chemotherapy is different for everyone as well, right now at work a woman has Breast Cancer and is going through Chemo and she is at work every day except for her chemo day, she is leading a fairly normal life......You can't lump every cancer patient into the same group-when my mom had Breast Cancer and chemo she was very very sick most of the time-but when she had good days she wanted to go out and enjoy them........Things have changed and science has come a long way and who knows about Brooks? I hope he isn't faking this, but I just can't believe he is, so Meghan needs to back down and worry about her own life!!!!!!  

Honored Contributor

Doesn't Briana take her kids to children's activitiy places so they can be exposed to other children, thereby letting Briana meet parents and possibly friends?  Her house looks pretty isolated.  Soon, the oldest will be in preschool and that should open up opportunities for her and her children.  She must be meeting people at work, strange unless her husband is keeping her isolated.

No matter how many times Vicki told Briana that Brooks would not be in the house during her stay, Brian refused to hear this saying she wasn't going to put someone out of his bed, which made her look foolish as he wasn't even going to be there.  This must be the storyline that is keeping her in the show, as it is the same old, same old every time she is on.  I also don't like her yelling at her Mother, can't she speak normally?  

I didn't realize that Megan had so much cancer in her family, which explains why she seems obsessed, but she really should stay out of Brooks' business.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I just watched it last night.  Brianna said that Vicki has been there 14 times in a year but Brianna also said she needs the help.  So I don't think it's a matter of Vicki intruding all those times. 

I'm not as impressed with Brianna as others are.  First, she's living in OK for a year and was complaining about not having any friends, etc.  Why not?  She has 2 jobs. She hasn't met anyone at work or through work?  She hasn't met anyone in the neighborhood?  That seems very odd to me.  I am also way over Brianna being on Vicki's case about Brooks.  I think the guy is a slimeball too but her mom is a grown adult woman and is allowed to date who she wants to date.  Enough already.  Brianna made a comment about not moving back to the OC because Brooks is there.  You mean to tell me she can't even live in the same city with the guy?  That seems a bit dramatic. 

I'm also not 100% Brianna was right about Brooks not being allowed to travel.  First of all, he's not getting chemo.  Many people are out and about and continue on with their life when they are getting treatments.  They have to work and do what is needed for work. They aren't sitting in their homes waiting for the next treatment.

I am way over Megan.  FTLOG that woman needs to mind her own business.  I cannot figure out why she is so involved in what is going on with Brooks.  What difference does it make to her?  Now next week she is claiming that Brooks' doctor doesn't treat cancer.  I'm sure Brooks has more than 1 doctor.  An oncologist doesn't treat you for other ailments you may have. 

Maybe I misunderstood Megan but just because you test positive for the BRCA gene doesn't mean you are going to get breast cancer?  It means you are at a much higher risk for getting both breast and ovarian cancer.  She made it sound like if she tests positive, she knows she's going to get BC.  And IMO her mom was right.  What difference does it make for you to know if you aren't going to take the next steps to do something about it.  What is she going to do with that information?          

You hit the nail on the head with EVERYTHING you have said. I know several people who have traveled while getting treatment and their doctors completely OKd it. She hasn't a clue what she is talking about.

I don't care for Brooks either but you are so right in regards to her growing up and getting over it. Her husband is no prize either and I feel like he is really controlling and he creeps me out too.

If she doesn't have any friends, that is 100% her fault.

One question though, did she say what her two jobs were? She is a nurse, right? I missed what she said the other job was.

Meghan needs to zip it. It is none of her business, period. I don't get why she keeps going on and on about it. It certainly isn't out of concern for either one of them. I think she is so desperate to be relevant on the show that she is trying to have a gotcha moment, proving Brooks doesn't have cancer. It makes her look cuckoo for cocoa puffs.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

@HB glamma wrote:

I have a totally different take on Tamra providing the down payment for son Ryan's home. It is not unusual at all for parents who are quite well off to do this and in OC, it is commonly necessary. How on earth do young people pay high costs of living, food and rent and save up huge amounts of money?  Average home prices in OC, for a not-so-great house would shock most people and 20% down is a bundle.   Same with Vicki gifting Brianna the nice car (tho from the looks of it, Brianna is doing quite well on her own, unless there's been help from Mama that we haven't heard).  When parents are wealthy and have everything they need and want, it is normal for them to lavish their children with lots of nice things, and why not?  What else do they do with all that $?

There is nothing wrong with parents wishing their children and grand-children lived closer to them. It isn't "controlling" to say it is something you wish for. 

First time last night that Jim had nice things to say to Megan and used terms of endearment so maybe he's not so bad ?. Time will tell.  Megan is growing on me.

Shannon was very sweet last night and nice to see a good friendship with Heather.

No dragging on about David's affair so many viewers must have been happy.

There is a difference between helping a child who is helping themselves and helping a child who isn't. This has been a constant theme with Ryan as long as he has been on the show and he has trouble keeping a job. I have no problem with Vicki helping Briana because she and her husband work and support themselves, but Ryan does not so his mom is showing him he doesn't have to, she will do it which teaches him he doesn't even have to support his own family.

I would have no problem helping my daughter or gifting something if she didn't expect it and was doing her best to support herself but there would be no way I would help her out if she was doing the bare minimum to support herself. Why would I reward that? I mean if you want a complete spoiled brat with no work ethic then ok what Tamra did was fine.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK