Honored Contributor

Re: the real housewives of orange county....9/28/15....with "news", spoilers, gossip

some "notes" about brooks.....

"My ex-husband has a history of cheating...I'm offended by adultery – it's not right."

In a leaked video (more on that later), Brooks admitted to being hard up for money due to owing $12,000 to the IRS and about $10,000 to his ex-wife and ex-girlfriend. He also said he had between $5,000 and $7,000 in credit card debt.

After the segment Brooks threatened legal action and 20 / 20 released a partial retraction, clarifying Brooks paid some bills and has been intermittently in contact with his son.

He's been arrested multiple times for failing to pay child support and once for driving under the influence. According to Radar, Brooks was arrested back in 2009 in Florida. Yet another ex-girlfriend, Debbie Keane, told the site she bailed him out and he never paid her back.

It's not just jail, either: Brooks reportedly went to rehab for sex addiction in 2006 before he met Vicki.

http://www.slice.ca/the-real-housewives-of-orange-county/blog/who-is-rhocs-brooks-ayers/68379/

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Re: the real housewives of orange county....9/28/15....with "news", spoilers, gossip

@winamac1 wrote:

On another note:  good news for Tre:

http://www.inquisitr.com/2144997/teresa-giudice-granted-early-release-from-prison-rhonj-will-return-...

@winamac1

are you going to be watching the joe g specials that will start in october?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

@snpets wrote:

There are so many cheaters and liars on these Housewives shows that there would be no shows without them, but it does seem like Brooks and Slade take the brunt of the bashing.

If Brooks is lying, that's on him, but it's still NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS!  They just won't let it drop and it has gone waaaaaaaay beyond ridiculous, especially Meghan.

I have to disagree with you, @snpets.  It is their business.  He sat down with these women at Cut Fitness and, with cameras rolling, invited them into his business by discussing his "treatments."  On other occasions, both Vicky and he also discussed his illness and gave conflicting details to these people.  As friends, and on a TV show that is supposed to hash out their relationships, they have EVERY right to ask questions of each other when inconsistencies arise.  If it was his business, and he didn't want anyone else discussing it, then he shouldn't have discussed it in the first place.  

Trusted Contributor

I doubt a knitwit like Teresa  learned anything about why what she did was wrong.,..both she and that husband of hers are like peas in a pod.  They are thieves, liars and users. I can not stand the two of them.  No well wishes are sent her way from me.

Esteemed Contributor

@PeterDM wrote:

@snpets wrote:

There are so many cheaters and liars on these Housewives shows that there would be no shows without them, but it does seem like Brooks and Slade take the brunt of the bashing.

If Brooks is lying, that's on him, but it's still NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS!  They just won't let it drop and it has gone waaaaaaaay beyond ridiculous, especially Meghan.

I have to disagree with you, @snpets.  It is their business.  He sat down with these women at Cut Fitness and, with cameras rolling, invited them into his business by discussing his "treatments."  On other occasions, both Vicky and he also discussed his illness and gave conflicting details to these people.  As friends, and on a TV show that is supposed to hash out their relationships, they have EVERY right to ask questions of each other when inconsistencies arise.  If it was his business, and he didn't want anyone else discussing it, then he shouldn't have discussed it in the first place.  

I agree with snpets. Sitting down and discussing the issue (at their request) doesn't give them carte blanche to continue gossiping about it ad nauseam. They spoke. He either lied, or didn't lie, but they made their concerns known and Vicki asked that the subject be dropped. So Vicki, who was supposedly their main concern, has been warned and Brooks is a grown man who is able to decide how to handle his own medical issues. Is he lying? Probably so, but simply because he spoke about it once doesn't mean the buttinski's aren't way overstepping the boundary of interfering in something that's truly none of their business. The husbands of Meghan, Tamra, and Shannon said it best at the Nascar outting..."Are they still talking about that?"

Apparently they had no other story line this season. 

Respected Contributor

after reading this i almost can understand the women behaving the way they have about this whole cancer thing.

brooks is definitely a bad guy and if you are a friend of vicki's, then yes, i would be protective and not minding my own business.  vicki needs all the friends she can get imo.

i'm not a fan of vicki's, but she doesn't deserve this guy.  she needs to smarten up.....big time!

Trusted Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

@snpets wrote:

I agree with snpets. Sitting down and discussing the issue (at their request) doesn't give them carte blanche to continue gossiping about it ad nauseam. They spoke. He either lied, or didn't lie, but they made their concerns known and Vicki asked that the subject be dropped. So Vicki, who was supposedly their main concern, has been warned and Brooks is a grown man who is able to decide how to handle his own medical issues. Is he lying? Probably so, but simply because he spoke about it once doesn't mean the buttinski's aren't way overstepping the boundary of interfering in something that's truly none of their business. The husbands of Meghan, Tamra, and Shannon said it best at the Nascar outting..."Are they still talking about that?"

@SusieQ_2, No one forced Brooks to show Tamra that CT Scan.  How are the other ladies being "buttinski's" when clearly Brooks and Vicki are perpetuating the story line by presenting the document?  They invited Tamra over, and they're the ones who brought it up.  These women aren't gossiping about it.  They're sharing information.  In the broader scheme of things, what's really going on here is that the women are trying to get this guy off the show and out of Vicki's life.  Of course they want to slay him and publicly expose his disgraceful behavior.  They're trying to protect their friend from a con man.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PeterDM i agree with what you said!

Esteemed Contributor

@PeterDM I didn't say anyone forced them to show the (probably phony) scan, but it was one more way that Vicki and Brooks were trying to get the gossiping biddies to shut up. How many times should they have to ask?

Vicki and Brooks were not the ones perpetuating the story...they were the ones who have tried on numerous occasions to shut it down. 

I understand they wanted Vicki to dump Brooks and for him to be off the show but they've already made their concerns known. Now it's time to let her make the choice, which apparently, she has.

Honored Contributor

PeterDM wrote:

SusieQ_2 wrote:

PeterDM wrote:

snpets wrote:

@SusieQ_2, No one forced Brooks to show Tamra that CT Scan.  How are the other ladies being "buttinski's" when clearly Brooks and Vicki are perpetuating the story line by presenting the document?  They invited Tamra over, and they're the ones who brought it up.  These women aren't gossiping about it.  They're sharing information.  In the broader scheme of things, what's really going on here is that the women are trying to get this guy off the show and out of Vicki's life.  Of course they want to slay him and publicly expose his disgraceful behavior.  They're trying to protect their friend from a con man.

@PeterDM

i have said something similar to this numerous times this season, but we seem to be pretty much in the minority regarding this subject.....and saying that the ladies are trying to protect vicki AND trying to get brooks out of her life