Esteemed Contributor

Re: the real housewives of orange county...8/31/15...with "news", spoilers, gossip

That's okay Sunshine. I wasn't expecting people to agree with me and I think you're right about a lot of things. I know that for myself though, a sports bar would not be on the agenda for my birthday so, for me, it would not be okay. I would expect my husband to know my taste better than that and try a little harder especially considering that he spent her last birthday in another woman's bed. She shouldn't be expected to be unconditionally grateful for every little (non)effort he makes. 

I can imagine that after such a betrayal it would take time to heal. She didn't cause the wound--he did. He needs to be bending over backward to help her heal.

One thing we do agree on is the sex party. That was just gross and I have no idea why she would agree to it. Maybe she's trying to prove something. IDK. She is a little (a lot) nuts sometimes. 

Anyway, thanks for starting these threads so we can chat about it. Smiley Happy

Oh, and I do agree they need to put up a better front when the kids are around. They're truly innocent victims. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

Re: the real housewives of orange county...8/31/15...with "news", spoilers, gossip

[ Edited ]

@italia8140 wrote:

@BabyYoda wrote:

I so agree with what most are saying here about this episode.

Vicki is abusive, unhappy and bitter and mainly jealous of Meghan's youth, beauty and marriage to a successful man. I am no fan of Meghan but she didn't deserve the verbal abuse from Vicki. 

Tamra doesn't know how to stay relevant and their gym is failing so they created that silly    S#X video and had that party. Heather and Terry have no storyline this year except her hotel home being built. The leeches are disgusting and they act like its normal. They are so afraid of getting older, so vain they are.

Shannon is just a hot mess. I guess we will see her playing victim for the whole season. It is exhausting to watch her week after week talking about the affair David had and making him pay dearly. She needs to get a hobby to keep herself busy. Too much time on her hands.

ITA! Your comments are spot on! I think Vicki has a lot of issues. Tamra is REALLY classless. Shannon needs to either move on, move out, orhave David move out. I really don't know why he stays with her, but I imagine it's ONLY for their girls.

I completely only think he stays in that marriage for the girls.  He's miserable.  You can tell he's miserable.  She will never forgive or forget.  He was wrong to cheat on her, but if she won't move on, he needs to get out.  He's so beaten down, and she will make him pay forever. 

The way she defended Vicki was over the top.  Vicki can fight her own battles and doesn't need a minion butting in.  Shannon was rude to Jim, and it was none of her business.  Shannon wants to make sure Vicki stays on her good side so she is over the top with her support.  

Vicki has a right to be upset with Meghan and the other women for butting into Brook's health "business", but she didn't need to hurl the low blows and insults.  Meghan did overstop her boundaries.  It is none of her business if Brooks gets chemo or not.  Chemo doesn't cure everything, and she meddled where she shouldn't have.

The sex party was gross and stupid.  I'd never eat sushi off of a woman's body.  It was disgusting.  

Heather and Terry...don't know what to say about the leeches other than GROSS.  I was surpirsed Heather would do that.  She's as vain and nuts as they all are.

Jim handled himself very well.

Vicki's "talk to me in 5 years when you are divorced" comment was deplorable.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

Medicinal use of leeches[edit]
Further information: Hirudotherapy
The European medical leech Hirudo medicinalis and some congeners, as well as some other species, have been used for clinical bloodletting for thousands of years. The use of leeches in medicine dates as far back as 2,500 years ago, when they were used for bloodletting in ancient India. Leech therapy is explained in ancient Ayurvedic texts. Many ancient civilizations practiced bloodletting, including Indian and Greek civilizations. In ancient Greek history, bloodletting was practiced according to the humoral theory, which proposed that, when the four humors, blood, phlegm, black and yellow bile in the human body were in balance, good health was guaranteed. An imbalance in the proportions of these humors was believed to be the cause of ill health. Records of this theory were found in the Greek philosopher Hippocrates' collection in the fifth century BC. Bloodletting using leeches was one method used by physicians to balance the humors and to rid the body of the plethora.

The use of leeches in modern medicine made a small-scale comeback in the 1980s after years of decline, with the advent of microsurgeries, such as plastic and reconstructive surgeries. In operations such as these, problematic venous congestion can arise due to inefficient venous drainage. Sometimes, because of the technical difficulties in forming an anastomosis of a vein, no attempt is made to reattach a venous supply to a flap at all. This condition is known as venous insufficiency. If this congestion is not cleared up quickly, the blood will clot, arteries that bring the tissues their necessary nourishment will become plugged, and the tissues will die. To prevent this, leeches are applied to a congested flap, and a certain amount of excess blood is consumed before the leech falls away. The wound will also continue to bleed for a while due to the anticoagulant hirudin in the leech's saliva. The combined effect is to reduce the swelling in the tissues and to promote healing by allowing fresh, oxygenated blood to reach the area.[36]

The active anticoagulant component of leech saliva is a small protein, hirudin. Discovery and isolation of this protein led to a method of producing it by recombinant technology. Recombinant hirudin is available to physicians as an intravenous anticoagulant preparation for injection, particularly useful for patients who are allergic to or cannot tolerate heparin.

disgusting!!!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I agree that both Shannon and Meghan need to either get a job, or do more charity work, or something to occupy their time. I often wonder what is going on with Gretchen and Slade and Alexis and Jim?? 

Honored Contributor

Vicki really needs to get a grip.  That screaming just drives me nuts and doesn't do anything to help any situation.   She eggs things on and then gets upset when they come back to bite her.

Esteemed Contributor

Not sure Shannon and David will remain a couple much longer.  Same for Jim and Meghan - he doesn't seem happy.  Did Tamara tell Eddie about supporting her son?  I'm wondering how he will like that news.

Occasional Contributor

I totally agree with u on this.

Formerly Tatz
Occasional Contributor

I am new here, I was agreeing with CalmInTheHeart post.

Formerly Tatz
Occasional Contributor

Question, what is the red heart in the post about ??

Formerly Tatz
Trusted Contributor

Welcome, Kix!

Click on the red heart if you like or agree with what the poster is saying.  You will then see a list who has clicked on your posts by clicking on the "Notifications" box in the upper right hand corner of the screen.