Honored Contributor

Re: the real housewives of orange county....7/6/15....with "news", spoilers, gossip

LOTS of people upset on twitter that bravo allowed these scenes to be filmed and aired.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Re: the real housewives of orange county....7/6/15....with "news", spoilers, gossip

@sunshine45 wrote:

LOTS of people upset on twitter that bravo allowed these scenes to be filmed and aired.

I am sure before they were aired they had to get Vicki's consent, and it looks like she approved it!  She was even doing a part talking about her mother!

Honored Contributor

I don't watch the show, but see the commercials & press enough to know what's going on & had to give my two cents worth:

Yes, her mother died.
Yes, she was devastated.
No, she didn't get 'the call' @ someone's house while playing cards.

These scenes are staged to appear she randomly got this call....crawling on the floor. Nothing surprises me anymore when I hear about the junk Bravo produces...though a guy commits suicide & they continue filming, so...nothing surprises me anymore with "reality" TV. It's all staged in a macabre way....ICK. "Negative TV" @ its best.
Honored Contributor

I thought it was appropriate to write this blog solely on my mother, as those of you who watched this episode see that I got the news of her passing while I was filming. I didn't want to go to bunco this evening, as I had worked all day and wasn't in the mood to roll dice. Hindsight, I should have stayed home as I would have received the news of my mom dying while I was alone. I guess that's the chance you take filming a reality show, you never really know when "life happens" like it did with me and while cameras were rolling. I want to thank Evolution Media for being so sensitive and supportive to me and my family during this difficult time. They have truly been amazing and I want to thank them also for the beautiful tribute they did at the end on my beautiful mother, Joanne Closset Steinmetz.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-orange-county/season-10/blogs/vicki-gunvalson/vicki-a-...

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Honored Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

I am sure before they were aired they had to get Vicki's consent, and it looks like she approved it!  She was even doing a part talking about her mother!

I agree.

I have dvr'd the epsidode, but I'm sorry her mother died.  I 'll watch it in the next few days.

I agree with your comments though.

I doubt they'd put that on without her consent.

I wonder if David and Shannon's house is up for sale as they may be splitting up.  Who needs these monstrosities of homes anyway?  I certainly would not want one.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:
I don't watch the show, but see the commercials & press enough to know what's going on & had to give my two cents worth:

Yes, her mother died.
Yes, she was devastated.
@No, she didn't get 'the call' @ someone's house while playing cards.

@These scenes are staged to appear she randomly got this call....crawling on the floor. Nothing surprises me anymore when I hear about the junk Bravo produces...though a guy commits suicide & they continue filming, so...nothing surprises me anymore with "reality" TV. It's all staged in a macabre way....ICK. "Negative TV" @ its best.

another..ITA

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I was crying right along with Vicki, how sad.......You could hear the raw emotion in her voice and it was a horrible moment for her.I do not care for Meghan and Jim-haven't from the beginning and still do not. He seems cold and emotionless and like he doesn't even love her, she seems to be trying too hard with him, and he is only there 50% of the time...Not smart or good for a brand new marriage.......I am not surprised Shannon and David's house is up for sale, didn;t she say last season she wanted to downsize and simplify her life more? I hope it is not due to them splitting up......All in All a good episode!!!!.

Honored Contributor

Why would Bravo need special consent?  Isn't Vicki giving consent by allowing Bravo to film her all the time for the show?  I would think when they all consented to allowing cameras to follow them around and be installed in their homes, what is filmed is fair game for Bravo to air.

Trusted Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

Yes, her mother died.
Yes, she was devastated.
@No, she didn't get 'the call' @ someone's house while playing cards.

These scenes are staged to appear she randomly got this call....crawling on the floor. Nothing surprises me anymore when I hear about the junk Bravo produces...though a guy commits suicide & they continue filming, so@...nothing surprises me anymore with "reality" TV. It's all staged in a macabre way....ICK. "Negative TV" @ its best.

100% agree with you!