Honored Contributor

Re: the real housewives of new york......SEASON 7 Premiere 4/7/15.......with "news", spoilers, gossip

On 4/8/2015 isaboo said:
On 4/8/2015 JMFINLEY001 said:

I thought New York was rather boring and too much about Bethany, if this is what this season is going to be, I may not watch it.....This is my least favorite Housewives show, my favorite is and always has been Beverly Hills, and then Orange County with N.Y last..

I almost wonder if having 8 housewives is maybe too many!!!!!! I do so far like the new one I too thought there was too much about Bethany. It became pretty clear that one of the reasons she came back in addition to reviving her fan base was to sell her books and other goods.

of course......and today she began her book tour!!! coincidence?.....i think not.

It's game time. Day One of my press tour. First stop: sunny Los Angeles!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Re: the real housewives of new york......SEASON 7 Premiere 4/7/15.......with "news", spoilers, gossip

I think Bethenny came back to sell her products, and to gain public sympathy/empathy for her apartment predicament. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Super Contributor

I watched WWHL and Ramona was on with Christina Ricci and it looked like Ramona was freaking CR out a little with her craziness.

The Ramona Coaster was really funny!Image result for ramona coaster

Then Ramona said Brandi has way too many injections after she heard that Brandi said she was Bat S**t Crazy.

Honored Contributor

‘Real Housewives’ Brandi Glanville Calls Ramona Singer A ‘Crackhead,’ ‘RHONY’ Star Responds

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I loved LuAnns old home in the Hamptons (and I like the way she decorates) but from the small amount I got to see of the new one that one looks great too.

I didn't get to watch anything but the beginning of it. My husband and I were in bed watching tv (well he was reading) but when RHONY came on, which he usually doesn't mind watching the Housewives shows with me, he said awww H E L L no, I can't take that girls voice it is way too annoying. He was referring to Bethany. He says her voice goes right through him and he cannot take it so I turned the channel.

I did see Ramona on the WWHL and she looked great. I think this divorce has actually had a good effect on her, she seems calmer.

It is a shame because Bethany was one of my more favorite housewives but like the majority of you, I really can't take her much longer. I was watching some of the much older shows they have been playing over the last couple of weeks. They were the first ones from like 2008-09 when Jill and Bethany were such good friends. Bethany was so funny when she imitated Jill. Bethanys financial outlook has really changed since the beginning. I can remember reading an interview with her and she said when she started she had only about $1000 in her savings, now she is loaded. I will give her one thing, she is a hustler.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Super Contributor

I think Bethany thrives on chaos even though it causes her immense stress and breakdowns, it's what she's used to and that's how she functions.

Honored Contributor

On 4/8/2015 mousiegirl said:

I think Bethenny came back to sell her products, and to gain public sympathy/empathy for her apartment predicament. It will be interesting to see what happens.

ITA

Skinnygirl margarita's died in a rapid fashion, and she's now peddling her other products. Jim Beam I'm sure isn't happy about the demise of her cocktail and wine line. I don't think it did well at all.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

On 4/9/2015 winamac1 said:

ITA

Skinnygirl margarita's died in a rapid fashion, and she's now peddling her other products. Jim Beam I'm sure isn't happy about the demise of her cocktail and wine line. I don't think it did well at all.

hi winamac.....i was never a fan of them.....we have discussed it before. are these drinks not doing well now?

Respected Contributor

Yeah, Bethenny coming back was a PR stunt. Her talk show sunk and she needs to stay relevant, IMO. She said during her 1-on-1 with Andy that she is really good at doing reality shows. Not sure what that says about someone. To me, if you're really good at reality shows, you're probably good at being dramatic and stirring the pot. If not, you generally aren't on them very long, from what I've seen. I loved the fact that when she started on this show, she was just hustling and trying to make a name for herself and didn't really have anything, compared to the other HW. Now, she seems entitled and just grates on me. Interesting how money can change people. And I'm all for "keeping it real", but she gets pretty crass and it seems like she just tries to say outlandish things, and one-liners (like others mentioned) to get more air time and attention. Okay, I'll be stepping off my soap box now... oh, and her drinks were NOT good. I tried a couple of them, and I'd much prefer to make my own skinny margs/cocktails at home. Homemade and fresh will always be better, IMO. But I understand the concept. I just don't know if it took off like they thought it would, in bottled form.

Honored Contributor

On 4/9/2015 sunshine45 said:
On 4/9/2015 winamac1 said:

ITA

hi winamac.....i was never a fan of them.....we have discussed it before. are these drinks not doing well now?

No...they were on deep discount closeout everywhere. The sg marg wasn't too bad IMO if I added a bunch of lime and fresca My one sister liked it. The other hated it lol
"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"