Honored Contributor

Re: the real housewives of new york....7/28/15.....with "news", spoilers, gossip

I too really enjoyed the scenes with Carole and Dorinda, I had no idea that Carole's husband passed away that long ago. They had some nice chats and I am sure ift helped both of them. London sure looks like a fun city! Ramona is such a snob saying so loud when Bethany said how about this guy-he's cute, and Ramona said he is but he's a bartender! Good luck to whoever dates her, and if I were her I would steer clear of her restaurant business partner, since it sounds like his marriage ended due to his cheating!!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: the real housewives of new york....7/28/15.....with "news", spoilers, gossip

Their conversation was too intimate to be broadcast; it will come back to haunt them (no pun intended), because most people won't understand when they said, "I was glad he died," even in context, most people won't understand that and it will be edited and shown elsewhere. That's not the sort of thing you say in front of the world.

Trusted Contributor

I  usually do not care for Carole. But this episode was truly heartfelt with Dorinda. I thought is was well done and I could relate to the end of life context.

Then to lighten things up with Bethenny's kick off party was hilarious. You can count on Sonya for being life of the party. So funny....Sonya losing another cap/tooth and Bethenny flashing a b00b.  Ramona needs to just have fun... instead of always looking for a man.

Esteemed Contributor

I thought this episode was pretty forgettable.  As a matter of fact, I've forgotten it except I did love conversation(s) that Dorinda and Carol had in London.  As others have mentioned, they were some of the most "real" conversations & feelings to have ever been aired on any of the housewife shows.  The only other moment that seemed very real and poignant for me was Lisa Rinna visiting her aging parents last season on RHBH.

I watched WWHL and I must be the only person who has never heard of this Rapaport (sp??) guy.  I typically have no clue who the guests are unless they are a housewife or another "Bravolebrity".

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

michael rapaport was a regular in one of my all time favorite series......boston legal.

if you check out his wiki page you will see he has been in MANY films and tv shows and is a stand up comic. he was pretty funny with ramona.......actually, i could have done without  ramona on wwhl last night.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I really enjoyed the London trip scenes with Carole and "Doris". 

Very touching, and, hopefully, will help viewers who've gone through or are going through similar situations.

I think Carole is attractive.   I enjoy her sense of humor and intelligence.

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Respected Contributor

I read some background on Carole's  marriage and her husband's illness.   I have a lot of respect for her.

He got cancer when he was only 30 yrs. old.   It had been in remission  but showed up again just before their wedding.   It spread and got worse.

Carole was his caretaker for their entire 5 yrs. marriage before he finally succumbed.   It  sounds like it was a very rough 5 yrs. with many doctors, hospitalizations, surgeries, and therapies.

They never had any cancer-free time during their marriage.  It's such sad story and must've been very hard on Carole.  She was only in her early 30's.   

He was diagnosed at 30 and died at 40.    Very sad.

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

michael rapaport was a regular in one of my all time favorite series......boston legal.

if you check out his wiki page you will see he has been in MANY films and tv shows and is a stand up comic. he was pretty funny with ramona.......actually, i could have done without  ramona on wwhl last night.

Thanks for the info, Sunshine!  I looked at what all he's been in (and he's been in a lot) but only recognized a couple of things.  Obviously, I watch very little of the Big 3 networks nor go to many movies anymore....LOL!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

@Bestdressed wrote:

I  usually do not care for Carole. But this episode was truly heartfelt with Dorinda. I thought is was well done and I could relate to the end of life context.

Then to lighten things up with Bethenny's kick off party was hilarious. You can count on Sonya for being life of the party. So funny....Sonya losing another cap/tooth and Bethenny flashing a b00b.  Ramona needs to just have fun... instead of always looking for a man.

ITA

I thought the episode was heartfelt and very out of the norm for the Housewives franchises.  I've still got 15 minutes left of the episode, but I thought the first part was done very well.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Valued Contributor

Am I the only one here who wishes that Ramona was still with Mario? I really don't even know exactly why I feel that way, lol!