QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political.

Contributor

NO!  I'm so tired of non-medical celebs telling us what to do.  Where were they during the last pandemic 10 years ago when I worked in the hospital.  We had more patients on vents from the H1N1 virus then.  Right now we only have one patient in our hospital with covid-19 and that patient is getting discharged.  We have not had one death from covid-19 in the county where I live, which includes several towns.  We had many deaths from the H1N1 virus 10 years ago!

Esteemed Contributor

No, they do not.

And I am amazed at the fits I have seen on social media over people wearing/not wearing masks. We have had drs on each side, who have weighed in with so called "expert" opinions that have contradicted each other.

Its no wonder so many are feeling frazzled and frustrated.

I will be wearing my mask out in public. I'm not going to scream at you, if you are not though.

Valued Contributor

Absolutely not. My finger can't move fast enough to mute and change the channel. I hold no one in such high regard that I would look to them to guide me in my decision making. I resent these people thinking they are intellectually and morally superior, and I am too stupid to evaluate and make my own decisions.

Honored Contributor

I don't mind seeing Matthew McConaughey sell cars.

I'd even wear a mask if he took me for a ride and he insisted.

Cat Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@membersinceCVN wrote:

NO!  I'm so tired of non-medical celebs telling us what to do.  Where were they during the last pandemic 10 years ago when I worked in the hospital.  We had more patients on vents from the H1N1 virus then.  Right now we only have one patient in our hospital with covid-19 and that patient is getting discharged.  We have not had one death from covid-19 in the county where I live, which includes several towns.  We had many deaths from the H1N1 virus 10 years ago!

@membersinceCVN, your county does not represent the the country in terms of comparing the two viruses.

From livescience.com date March 18 -- so the Covid death are far higher now. As of today the number is 90,694 --

In the U.S., between April 2009 and April 2010, the CDC estimates there were 60.8 million cases of swine flu, with over 274,000 hospitalizations and nearly 12,500 deaths — that's a mortality rate of about 0.02%.

The mortality rate for the novel coronavirus is much higher so far, around 2% (although the number will likely change as more people are tested). That may not sound like a big difference, "but when extrapolated, can mean millions more deaths," Strathdee said.

And to see more important differences, check out https://www.livescience.com/covid-19-pandemic-vs-swine-flu.html

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

They get a bad rap for voicing their opinions. No one is forced to agree with them or be influenced by them, just as none of us are forced to agree another poster about an issue.

Difference being that the posters on this board are not being paid or looking for a monitary gain when posting about an issue.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

They get a bad rap for voicing their opinions. No one is forced to agree with them or be influenced by them, just as none of us are forced to agree another poster about an issue.

Difference being that the posters on this board are not being paid or looking for a monitary gain when posting about an issue.

Neither are all celebs.

Honored Contributor
Not all celebs get paid or look for monetary gain when speaking on an issue. Some spend a good chunk of their life working for their foundation and causes. Gary Sinise (vets) and Jennifer Garner (children), for example.
Honored Contributor

I only take notice if I find out they personally do the opposite of whatever they're espousing in ads.