Regular Contributor

@sunshine45  Your mom sounds awesome... lol! My husband found out about Zing Zang from friends at work! I think they were right ... I actually do like that brand! And hubby loves olives ... load 'em up! 🤷‍♀️ 🫒 🫒 

Respected Contributor

Wow, haven't had a bloody mary in probably close to twenty years. Back in my vodka drinking days my MIL and I could throw back some vodka martinis together. In both the martinis and in bloody marys she insisted on Smirnoff vodka...the one with the SILVER label. Had to be the silver label.

Gosh, I miss those days and my MIL. 😞

Honored Contributor

Take her to The Starboard in Dewey the next time if you don't have all the ingredients!

Regular Contributor

When I make a Bloody Mary I prefer to use Clamato clam flavored tomato juice with Absolut vodka, worcetershire sauce, Tabasco, salt and pepper and fresh lemon.  I have garnished with celery stick and a toothpick with canned clams on it.

My husband uses V-8 juice with Absolute, worcestershire sauce, Tabasco, salt and pepper and will put chili powder around the rim of the glass.  He likes them spicy!  He will garnish with a celery stalk and green olives.

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 Everything you put in it is good for me too...

(though I've never made one at home)...

I do love Kettle One Vodka, and I'd add 3 big green olives and a stalk of celery.

Sounds yummy; hope your mom enjoyed! 🍹

Respected Contributor

There is a very nice restaurant right across the road from my neighborhood.  Before the pandemic they used to host a great brunch on Sunday that had a self serve bloody mary bar.  It had a nice selection of accompaniments but nothing too outlandish.  I myself preferred to partake of their mimosa bar. 

Esteemed Contributor

I thought a bloody mary only had tomato juice and vodka. I didn't know it had other ingredients. 

For myself, I'd prefer a mimosa. Made either with champagne or sparkling wine and orange juice.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

my mom had a request tonight......she wanted a bloody mary.

good thing for her i had all of the ingredients. LOL

what do you all put or want in your perfect bloody mary?

i used.....

grey goose vodka

lots of ice

zing zang bloody mary mix

cholula hot sauce

old bay

lemon pepper seasoning

horseradish

squeeze of lemon or lime

worcestershire sauce

Perfect. All it needs is one shrimp hung over the rim of the glass and a couple of olives on a cocktail pick.

Respected Contributor

I used to always have V-8 in the house so I would just use that and put worcestershire, Tobasco,  celery salt, pepper and lime juice.  If I was planning ahead I would get Stonewall Kitchens Peppadew Sriracha mixer and not have to add anything except maybe a little lime juice. 

If I ever order one while out, I have to first ask to make sure they do not use Clamato.  I've returned a few drinks before I realized that's why some were unpalatable to me. 

Respected Contributor
I use New Amsterdam vodka, zing zang, and celery salt.