Respected Contributor

the ones that don't make the headlines

you can view nation wide or by your own state......................raven

https://www.odmp.org/search/year?year=2016

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Trusted Contributor

Re: the ones that don't make the headlines

Thanks for sharing this information.  Law enforcement is a necessary part of society.  Based on the data presented in the listing, it would be imported to note that approximately 28.7% of the deaths were not in the line of active duty. 

Those that accept the position are valued and should receive higher levels of pay, ongoing professional development and training, periodic mental health therapy, and periodic paid leaves -other than vacation- to lessen the hazards of the job. 

Honored Contributor

Without these policemen we would ALL be in big trouble...red, yellow, black, and white.  I thank God every day for them.  They have a tough job.  I wished we would talk more about the lives they have saved.  

Give your son a big hug and thank-you from me, Raven. I appreciate him and others like him so very much.  They are "brave souls".  I would not, however,  ever blame them for looking for a different job. We had better get this right and quit letting them down.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Raven

Haven't seen you around here much.  I appreciate your post here.  Tell ya that we at my house back the badge and know they are special people who join law enforcement knowing what they must face daily. 

Take care. 

(I might be in the position to re-do a kitchen i nthe future - will cal you out)

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

Hi Raven

Haven't seen you around here much.  I appreciate your post here.  Tell ya that we at my house back the badge and know they are special people who join law enforcement knowing what they must face daily. 

Take care. 

(I might be in the position to re-do a kitchen i nthe future - will cal you out)

@Puzzle Piece

Hey you, how ya doing? 

My new job keeps me a bit buried and I had a little medical issue, which I'm having to deal with..............but everything is getting better.......................................................raven

Respected Contributor

@jubilant wrote:

Without these policemen we would ALL be in big trouble...red, yellow, black, and white.  I thank God every day for them.  They have a tough job.  I wished we would talk more about the lives they have saved.  

Give your son a big hug and thank-you from me, Raven. I appreciate him and others like him so very much.  They are "brave souls".  I would not, however,  ever blame them for looking for a different job. We had better get this right and quit letting them down.

@jubilant

ya know.............I have always been super proud of him...........BUT............I want him to quit the force........he just had a baby boy who is just a month old........spitten image of his dad........I want him to be around for his son.........IF things were different.........IF the police got the support from citizens they should get, I may not feel he should quit, but the way things are, I'm at the point where I think if they don't appreciate what LE does, then let them do it for themselves........................................raven

Esteemed Contributor

@raven-blackbird wrote:

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

Hi Raven

Take care. 

@Puzzle Piece

Hey you, how ya doing? 

My new job keeps me a bit buried and I had a little medical issue, which I'm having to deal with..............but everything is getting better.......................................................raven

Geez, nothing serious I hope.  A new job?  Do tell.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

@raven-blackbird wrote:

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

Hi Raven

Take care. 

@Puzzle Piece

Hey you, how ya doing? 

Geez, nothing serious I hope.  A new job?  Do tell.

@Puzzle Piece

I switched employers about 7 months ago..........mainly we do HUGE homes, 18k square feet, 13k squre feet, 7k...........big homes and most of the time I'm working off blue prints.....all over Southern California.....very different from my previouis employer........I make my own schedule.........get paid a ton........and I run the cabinet section of the company................but they lacked organization and the paper trail we needed, so on top of it all I had to get those systems going.....as well as our marketing........but it is going on track now.

the medical thing, could be viewed as bad, I'm pretty sure others with the same diag have viewed it as bad.............I just choose not to LOL.................................................raven

Esteemed Contributor

raven-blackbird...When I was growing up I had a great deal of respect for policemen, they made me feel safe.  Actually, when I was a child the world was a better place than it is today, much, much safer.

Having a relative who is on the force today is like sending them to war, not sure he or she will come back.  I don't blame you one bit for wanting your son to quit the force and find a safer way to earn a living. 

Not all policemen are good guys, but nevertheless I pray for policemen and firemen everyday that when they leave their house to go to work that they will return home after their shift is over.  Both jobs are dangerous, just pray someone has their backs.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@raven-blackbird wrote:

@jubilant wrote:

@jubilant

ya know.............I have always been super proud of him...........BUT............I want him to quit the force........he just had a baby boy who is just a month old........spitten image of his dad........I want him to be around for his son.........IF things were different.........IF the police got the support from citizens they should get, I may not feel he should quit, but the way things are, I'm at the point where I think if they don't appreciate what LE does, then let them do it for themselves........................................raven

*********  First of all....congratulations on that Grandson!  Good thing you're making more money....another one to spoil!

I totally understand how you feel about your son, Raven. I would feel the same way.  Sorry to hear you're having some health problems.  I am glad to see you are thinking positive.  There are days when that is not so easy to do. I said a prayer for you.  Always nice to see you.  I have missed your posting.