Respected Contributor

Re: the missing Colorado woman

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I am obsessed with watching all of those 'reality' shows on ID channels,etc and every single time when the woman is missing, she turns up dead......every single time.

AND - used to commute up 95 to work - carpool was 4 of us - 2 men, 2 women.  Every time a woman mysterioiusly disappeared, the other woman and I would automatically say - "husband/BF/SO did it" - - rarely were we wrong!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I imagine the people involved in this investigation know more than they are telling the public.. 

The strangest part of this one is the 10 days that went by before anyone said anything. At least it is unusual, if this is true. Her Mom was very nervous at the news conference, understandably. She then was relaxed on a news show shortly after. 

Her mom and boyfriend must not be on good terms, if what I read is true about her not seeing the baby. I don't blame the boyfriend for hiring a lawyer, and the news media has been harrassing him at his home, and then following him. 

I have a password on my phone, so a text could not be sent by someone else. I wonder if they can tell if her phone was password protected. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@goldensrbest wrote:

Yet again another young women ,just gone ,there has been one after another,just scary.

Here in the past couple of months, there were two cold cases solved. Both involved women from Colorado who went missing decades ago. Sad thing is, there are other Colorado women still missing. I can count two right off the top of my head at the moment. The local news here will sometimes bring the cases up by showing pictures of the women. Their families are in such agony. Many of the cases get solved when someone finds bones or a skull...or both.  And then sometimes bones are found and no one knows who they belonged to...sad.

Honored Contributor

I do not think the outcome will be pretty on this case. 

such unusual circumstances surrounding this whole case.

mom and baby dad not knowing that mom is gone for 10 days without even calling about the baby. Both of those people the mother and baby dad know more than what they are letting on.

Trusted Contributor

Unless she really did not want the baby and took off with another person (which is the least likely possibility), this whole story stinks of the boyfriend.

I have times when I don't talk to my kids for 2 weeks so her Mom not knowing she was gone is not that unusual, especially if they were not close. Kids nowadays are so darn busy, they do not keep in touch anymore.

It is the boyfriend I have my eyes on. I bet there was a custody case he saw brewing on the horizon, because I find it interesting that she went missing only after HE had the baby. Especially if they had broken up. There are lots of guys who do not want to pay child support, sad as that sounds. They would rather have the child than pay the ex.

He lives on a huge parcel of land, 45 acres I think they said? They have footage of her shopping just before dropping the baby off (I can only assume he was going to have the baby for the T-giving holiday?). She went right to his house for the drop off after shopping.

I can't figure out the phone being so far away, but he could have driven it there to throw off the investigators. They did get a search warrant to search of his entire property, and also impounded his truck, so if there is anything of her in the truck they will find it.

What is so unusual about him is him not wanting to come in and talk to the detectives. He is only shining a light on himself. If he did nothing, he would be talking to them. He is only concerned about himself. He said "he wanted the media to stop incriminating him". Him, Him, Him. Not helping to find her, not seemingly concerned. Only worried about himself.

On her part, I just can't see a mother just walking away from a 1 year old. It absolutely happens, and as terrible as that would be, she has the right to give him the baby and walk away. Her cars being home is the part that doesn't add that story up in my mind. She would have told him "you take the baby, I am moving" or something like that. There was no need to disappear, she had the other parent to take the baby if she was too much for her. AND, she would have called the police and fessed up by now, not letting this countrywide search go on. Walking away is not illegal.

Meeting another guy and taking off with him is a possibility. A baby can get in the way of moving on with her life. It happens. There are so many mentally messed up people in the world now, it is not always the guy at fault, so I am trying to keep an open mind.

But I really do not think this is going to end well. There was recently a woman who disappeared and they were all over the husband like a tick on a dog. Then they did find her van, and she was in it, dead of a suicide. Never mumbled a word to any family or her husband she was in psychological trouble. Just said she was going to the store and instead drove into the woods a bit and downed a bottle of pills. So there is always that possibility.

I still go back to the weird behavior of the boyfriend, whether they were together or not, he was the last that had contact with her. It wasn't odd to him that she did not even call in 10 days? Or maybe she did come back to get her baby and that is when he did something. He could have done anything to her with the baby in tow since she is only 1. (that is my #1 thought right now. she came back to get baby and he did something).

One thing I believe is that the detectives know way more than they are saying right now. This sounds a lot like the Scott Peterson (Lacy and baby) murder.

If I had a life do-over, I would love to be a forensic investigator. All these caes are sad, but fascinating at the same time.

Honored Contributor

My understanding is that she's a pilot who would be gone for days at a time. I've seen nothing about her work schedule so there's that. Also, she was attractive and would be in close contact with lots of men. One  of whom may have abducted her. Nothing revealed about a custody issue and since she had no concern about going alone to drop off the child, a problem there seems unlikely.

If they had joint custody and both had well paying jobs neither would be required to pay child support to the other so that can't be a motive. They weren't married so alimony, property division would not be a motive either. I just don't see a motive for the baby's father to kill her.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Her cars were there at her home,so either some one picked her up,or some one took her ,i wonder what she was doing after the dad picked up baby ,went for a run? Her purse was gone, so who takes that if going for a run? I read she had cinnamon rolls in the oven.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@viva923 wrote:

I do not think the outcome will be pretty on this case. 

such unusual circumstances surrounding this whole case.

mom and baby dad not knowing that mom is gone for 10 days without even calling about the baby. Both of those people the mother and baby dad know more than what they are letting on.

I wouldn’t include the Mom at this point.  I don’t think it is that unusual to go that long without contact.  

Honored Contributor

If there were cinnamon rolls in the oven, she obviously had returned  home after leaving the child with her father which more or less clears him. 

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

If there were cinnamon rolls in the oven, she obviously had returned  home after leaving the child with her father which more or less clears him. 

I read the father said he picked the child up at her house.