Respected Contributor

Wanted to add that shipping was 4.95 and glasses arrived in less than rwo weeks. 

Honored Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

Are your glasses something like these?

http://www.zennioptical.com/372811-rimless-hingeless-titanium-frame.html

The bows don't wrap around your head ,and the frames are  very feminine  and delicate looking. so no they aren't like these

Honored Contributor

Someone on the boards posted a picture of a frame that I just loved made by a British company.  I went online and found it on sale at an optical shop in Canada.  Ordered and took the frames to Walmart for the lenses.  I had looked at 5 or 6 places and actual got glasses at one place but the people in Walmart were the most helpful and made the lens just as I wanted them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

The markup on glasses frames is a crime imho.  I'm glad people are finding the good online sources.

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Honored Contributor

I read somewhere - sorry, can't remember where --- that the markeup on jewelry and eye glasses are 2 of the worst things!  I believe it!!!! 

I wear bifocals and was spending like $500-600 on my glasses.  I was browsing on-line just trying to see if anthing looked reputable and came upon the Zenni site.  I tried them out with a very, very cheap frame --- just to see how I liked them and if they worked out. I was very pleased.  The prescription was spot on and service was great!

Since then, I've probably purchased 4 more pairs.

I have also recommended them to many people and quite a few have ordered and been very happy.

I know some people are skpetical, but you won't know until you try!

They have frames from very cheap to designer frames. 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I read somewhere - sorry, can't remember where --- that the markeup on jewelry and eye glasses are 2 of the worst things!  I believe it!!!! 

I wear bifocals and was spending like $500-600 on my glasses.  I was browsing on-line just trying to see if anthing looked reputable and came upon the Zenni site.  I tried them out with a very, very cheap frame --- just to see how I liked them and if they worked out. I was very pleased.  The prescription was spot on and service was great!

Since then, I've probably purchased 4 more pairs.

I have also recommended them to many people and quite a few have ordered and been very happy.

I know some people are skpetical, but you won't know until you try!

They have frames from very cheap to designer frames. 

I agree. The markups are insane. I could buy five pairs from Zenni for the price of one pair from my local optician. It's not like your local optician is sitting in a back room grinding your lenses. They send everything out to places just like Zenni, so why not cut out the high paid middleman? The options through Zenni are nearly limitless.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

just got  new pr of frames and lens. I use the titanium frames and a new lens material that is ighter than what they had in the past. The lady at the optomistrist said that  glass material changes very rapidly

Before insurance it was about $700. after it came down to around $400. I just bought new glasses last year. If I need new glasses next year I would like to to reuse my new frames

Has anyone here done this before?

If you are describing the rimless ones, I would think it doubtful. I had a pair break while I was wearing them. Luckily I was able to get them replaced as they were under warranty but I wouldn't push that.

Plastic frames would be a better bet, ask them. 

Trusted Contributor

Glasses are a ripoff, IMO. I recently had my eyes examined and got a new prescription. I have had it for a few weeks because I dread shopping for glasses.

I would order online but I have to have the progressives marked by a human.

I went to a place the other day who offered a buy one get one offer. Of course, you have to pay extra for progressives, anti-glare and other upgrades.

My face is small and I am fair completed. The woman at this place would hand me a pair to try on and I would say no, and SHE would ask me "why"?

Big, black square man frames and she wondered why Uh, because they look hideous on me. I walked out of there and left the one pair that was just OK.

I then went to JCP because I got a pair there before and I really liked them and the service. So, yesterday I went and the lady was helpful and they were also running a sale.

She asked about the sunglasses I wear and I told her I only wear polarized Ray Bans. She told me I could have my distance script made in polarized. I found a frame that looks like my Ray Bans.

So, I got my regular glasses and new sunglasses using my insurance plan for a reasonable price. The last pair I had was ordered from the eye doctor and they were terrible and I could not wear them.

These progressives are made using a computer and make everything look crisp. So, my hated task turned out to be a pleasant experience.

A bonus...they remodeled the store and put a Sephora in there so I checked it out!