Honored Contributor

Re: the catalogs are here, the catalogs are here! 2020

thanks @Spurt !

headed out soon to watch the game and have my "lucky martinis." LOL

last week i did not have any and did not go out.....i am convinced that that was why we lost. Smiley Wink

good luck on your game also! Heart

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

thanks @Spurt !

headed out soon to watch the game and have my "lucky martinis." LOL

last week i did not have any and did not go out.....i am convinced that that was why we lost. Smiley Wink

good luck on your game also! Heart

@sunshine45 

You got to follow those rituals very important for team wins.... Smiley Wink 

Thanks for your support and GOOD LUCK to you too....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Yes, indeed.  Christmas catalogs began trickling in last month and now it's a flood.  I haven't bought anything from most of them in years, many years but I still get the catalogs.  I do like looking at them.

Honored Contributor

@jbinrwc 

No, the catalogs actually go into the landfill.    

I live in an area of WV that does not recycle anything but metal.   

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Northray wrote:

@Mellyg wrote:

As soon as I read your title, I immediately wondered if the mother of all catalogs (Neiman Marcus) arrived; it's always so fun to look at!

As a child, I lived for the day the Sears Christmas catalog arrived.  Now, I would never say no to a NM fantasy gift, lol! 

Regarding Neiman Marcus is it worth the money?  I'm thinking of getting it for my Gram who has Dementia and only looks at magazines and catalogs for her activity.  But $15.00 is expensive for a catalog but if it will keep her busy I'll get it. 

I typed a reply and never "posted", I'm so sorry! It's fun to look at....is it worth it? If she only looks at catalogs, it may be worth it (in this case). Especially if it will bring you joy to gift her something that will make her smile.  

But if she is content to flip through anything, then I'd opt for more feasible options.

That is so sweet of you to think of her and things she'll enjoy!

Valued Contributor

@Mellyg wrote:

@Northray wrote:

@Mellyg wrote:

As soon as I read your title, I immediately wondered if the mother of all catalogs (Neiman Marcus) arrived; it's always so fun to look at!

As a child, I lived for the day the Sears Christmas catalog arrived.  Now, I would never say no to a NM fantasy gift, lol! 

Regarding Neiman Marcus is it worth the money?  I'm thinking of getting it for my Gram who has Dementia and only looks at magazines and catalogs for her activity.  But $15.00 is expensive for a catalog but if it will keep her busy I'll get it. 

I typed a reply and never "posted", I'm so sorry! It's fun to look at....is it worth it? If she only looks at catalogs, it may be worth it (in this case). Especially if it will bring you joy to gift her something that will make her smile.  

But if she is content to flip through anything, then I'd opt for more feasible options.

That is so sweet of you to think of her and things she'll enjoy!

No worries.  And thank you, I do enjoy bringing a smile to her face. 

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.

-Rumi
Honored Contributor

20 catalogs today!......

company store

ross simons

bombas

woolovers

donna salyers fabulous furs

johnny was

kansas city steak co.

lands end

balsam hill

mackenzie childs

ballard designs

williams sonoma

whatever works

serengeti

cuddledown

catalog favorites

neom

meduri delights

pittman davis

in the company of dogs

chicos

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein