Esteemed Contributor

Re: the catalogs are here, the catalogs are here! 2020

Wow.  I thought I got a lot of catalogs!   You win!

My husband can't complain because he gets as many catalogs as I do. 

I remember the gigantic annual catalogs from Penney's and Sears.  They were about 3 inches thick!  I'd keep them all year until the next one came - and I'd refer to them often.  Plus they had other uses -- as a booster chair for my toddlers.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

I adore catalogs! So much fun. 

Trusted Contributor

Not a fan of catalogs.  My husband loved them.  Too many memories.  Straight into the recycle bin for them.  

Contributor

Sounds like a wonderful relaxing evening,  I love getting them too!  I don’t get as many as past years..would love to get my hands on a NM Christmas catalog. Are they available in store?  Is there always a charge?  Enjoy, they should keep you busy for awhile!

Valued Contributor

@Mellyg wrote:

As soon as I read your title, I immediately wondered if the mother of all catalogs (Neiman Marcus) arrived; it's always so fun to look at!

As a child, I lived for the day the Sears Christmas catalog arrived.  Now, I would never say no to a NM fantasy gift, lol! 

Regarding Neiman Marcus is it worth the money?  I'm thinking of getting it for my Gram who has Dementia and only looks at magazines and catalogs for her activity.  But $15.00 is expensive for a catalog but if it will keep her busy I'll get it. 

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.

-Rumi
Honored Contributor

@Northray wrote:

@Mellyg wrote:

As soon as I read your title, I immediately wondered if the mother of all catalogs (Neiman Marcus) arrived; it's always so fun to look at!

As a child, I lived for the day the Sears Christmas catalog arrived.  Now, I would never say no to a NM fantasy gift, lol! 

Regarding Neiman Marcus is it worth the money?  I'm thinking of getting it for my Gram who has Dementia and only looks at magazines and catalogs for her activity.  But $15.00 is expensive for a catalog but if it will keep her busy I'll get it. 

@Northray 

i would not pay to get it, but it is a nice catalog to look at. for $15 you can get her a years worth of a magazine that will come once a month.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Anyone here remember that nice, thick Spiegel catalog?  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Valued Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Northray wrote:

@Mellyg wrote:

@Northray 

i would not pay to get it, but it is a nice catalog to look at. for $15 you can get her a years worth of a magazine that will come once a month.

True, true.  I do have about three magazine subscriptions going for her but she mostly likes to look at the pictures.  Sometimes she'll actually read but mostly she looks.

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.

-Rumi
Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

Anyone here remember that nice, thick Spiegel catalog?  

@ROMARY 

i think that was the catalog that FIRST got me hooked on catalog shopping!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 

I don't get Neiman Marcus's catalog, and dont get near as many as you (I think you are tops in that department) but I get quite a few--- Lakeside, Bronners, Collections Etc, Country Door, Land's End, L.L. Bean, Vermont Country Store, Bits And Pieces (puzzles & games), World Wildlife Catalog......And probably will get more....

I hope you enjoyed a nice evening and got a chance to relax last night and are getting ready for your big NFL game Sunday Smiley Wink  

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”