Honored Contributor

Re: the catalogs are here, the catalogs are here! 2020

I get a few catalogs just about everyday, but can't remember getting 23 or even any number close to that.

Thankfully, the political junk mail will be stopped for at least 4 more years.  That was way worse than catalogs.

I'd like to stop the Medicare enrollment junk mail as well.

I just tear off my personal info and toss all of the junk mail into the recycle bin before I even get into the house.  I don't want or need anything and I am not tempted to look at it.

Honored Contributor

I don't get many catalogs anymore.  Guess I just don't buy enough.

Frequent Contributor

I loved getting catalogs.  I used to keep them under the bed and pull them out to look at until the next season one came.  I decided to keep the last Sears Wish Book  catalogue because I was sure it would be worth money someday.  I can't remember what year that was.  I wonder if it is still under the bed. Might well be but probably isn't valuable.

Honored Contributor

@Snooky60 wrote:

@sunshine45 - I'm so jealous!  I love catalogs and never seem to get more than 4-5.  Have fun!💗

@Snooky60 

i will leave them at my front door for you. Smiley Wink

believe me, by the time shopping season is over i will have received many more. i will update if i have a higher number in one day than 23. LOL

some i have ordered from regularly, some i have ordered from occasionally, and some i have never even heard of before!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@seedpie wrote:

I loved getting catalogs.  I used to keep them under the bed and pull them out to look at until the next season one came.  I decided to keep the last Sears Wish Book  catalogue because I was sure it would be worth money someday.  I can't remember what year that was.  I wonder if it is still under the bed. Might well be but probably isn't valuable.

That was a neat idea to keep the last Sears catalog, if you still have it, it would be fun to look through! 

Super Contributor

@sunshine45 - thank you. I'll be waiting patiently!  DH knows I love catalogs. When he brought the mail in today, he told me we got one.  I was so excited until I saw that it was Cabela's!! 😖  I told him it wasn't funny.💗

Honored Contributor

Yes, it is catalog season, and a bag full goes out with trash every week to keep them from piling up.
Respected Contributor

@RedTop wrote:
Yes, it is catalog season, and a bag full goes out with trash every week to keep them from piling up.

@RedTop  hope you are recycling your catalogs rather than putting them in the trash.

I have been getting 1 or 2 catalogs at a minimum every day for the past few weeks.  Trying to keep up and recycle those I don't want.

I have also received at least twenty 2021 calendars.  They have been coming in since July or August.  Receied two more just this week.

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Honored Contributor

I've had a lot of catalogs as well.  Such eye 🍬 candy!

One I especially like is Petals.

Honored Contributor

@jbinrwc wrote:

@RedTop wrote:

@RedTop  hope you are recycling your catalogs rather than putting them in the trash.

I have been getting 1 or 2 catalogs at a minimum every day for the past few weeks.  Trying to keep up and recycle those I don't want.

I have also received at least twenty 2021 calendars.  They have been coming in since July or August.  Receied two more just this week.

@jbinrwc 

i have about that many new calendars also from so many different charities. i keep two usually.....one for my kitchen that sits near the phone and one for my home office that sits near the phone also. the rest i give to my daughter who wraps them up and distributes them at christmas to people who love having them in her elderly care facility. that is where a lot of the christmas and all occasion cards go also when i receive those from charities. they sell them in their gift and snack shop for a dollar and that money goes to treat the residents to special events or activites during the year (although there have been very few this year unfortunately.)

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein