Honored Contributor

Re: takes 2 k cups make full mug of coffee

The mugs from my favorite set are just a little larger than a traditional 5 oz. cup, so the K-cup looks like plenty of coffee in them.

I also have other mugs that hold 12 oz of liquid and one K-cup looks skimpy in them even though it's the same amount of coffee.

I brew my AM coffee in a 4-cup Cuisinart pot, and the same size issue comes up there. It's a 4-cup pot, they say. But it's two of those large mugs or nearly 3 of the other. Never 4 - unless I get out those "old-fashioned" tea cups consigned to the back of my cabinets!

Regular Contributor

I just that I like strong coffee, in am no problem. I still have Starbucks holiday blend and love it for am. Watching my weight and drink flavored coffee in pm feels like a treat. I brew on second largest setting because if it's at a larger cup setting it's weak and no taste! That's where I reward 2 know cups to get mug full.
Honored Contributor

Yep. I do it.

It takes 3.5 My KCups to fill my Contigo travel mugs. I take two travel mugs of coffee with me - one to drink on my commute, one to drink once I get to work.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a standard travel mug at work and at home. I use 2 kcups at the smallest setting to make my strong cup of medium roast. Sometimes I mix them!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

gave up using a keurig for coffee because it NEVER made a strong cup of coffee.....even using the dark roasts like jet fuel, peets major dickasons, black tiger, and cafe bustelo. i went back to using my mr coffee coffee pot where i can control the strength so much better. my s/o now uses the keurig for his loose tea.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

On 1/16/2015 circles said:

my k-2 only goes to 10 ounces...wish it were 12....its enough for my mug...if I need more coffee I make another one...my thermo mug wouldn't hold too much more...I haven't used my carafe...I guess I really should to make sure it works....

Well I think doing 2 6's is stronger than 1 12oz. But if you want to trick the machine buy a roll of scotch orange washi tape. Just takes a tiny piece and it can be reused. It will open the other options on the 2.0 machine.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

ekowbrew is selling the stickers for the cups that they are selling to use your own coffee.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Esteemed Contributor

I use the Green Mountain Dark Magic to get a 10-ounce cup with my Keurig Vue. It is a good strong coffee.

Regular Contributor

Thanks everyone!
Respected Contributor

On 1/16/2015 cruisingonroyal said: I like drinking flavored coffee at night, feels like a treat with out eating junk!

I agree. coffee is filling too if your on a diet. esp. the flavored ones