Honored Contributor

Re: surprise! Barbara Bush just got married

@RedTop wrote:

This is my opinion of a wedding done right; small, informal and everyone looks happy, and not stressed.   

@RedTop.   Quite different from the upcoming nuptials in England I believe this coming week-end or next, where Andrea Botcelli will sing accompanied by a full orchestra.  Given a choice, I'd take the Bush wedding.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Nice family & pic , love that part of Maine.  I don’t like the side of that dress, it seems revealing up by the bust . 

Honored Contributor

What a beautiful setting for a wedding. She looked beautiful and I am glad her grandfather was able to attend. I am sure her namesake was there in spirit. I like that it was small and rather informal....only thing I would have changed was Laura's dress....looks like a piece of Wedgewood....😬
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Beautiful, intimate, lovely wedding.  Seems like they did it just the way they wanted --- with their loved ones present, and none of the pomp & circumstance. 

Barbara's gown is the only unfortunate thing I can see from all the photos online.  She just does not have the upper body for that dress.  It accentuated her shape in the wrong way.  Not many women can attractively wear that slip dress style, try as they might.  But she seems extremely happy, so that's all that matters on her big day.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, she looks too thin...I hope she is okay.

Honored Contributor

I love that he chose not to wear a tie....I think everyone looked great and he is very handsome.
Trusted Contributor

Barbara and Jenna are the same height and supposedly the same weight.  Jenna though seems more healthy looking and Barbara a paler, thinner version.  Maybe she had nerves from the preparation of the wedding, who knows, but it does seem like her clavicle showing and it seems more on the thin side.  Anyway, very happy for her and think her husband is a very nice looking man.  Can't wait to see what their babies will look like! 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lovesrecess wrote:
What a beautiful setting for a wedding. She looked beautiful and I am glad her grandfather was able to attend. I am sure her namesake was there in spirit. I like that it was small and rather informal....only thing I would have changed was Laura's dress....looks like a piece of Wedgewood....😬

@lovesrecessi read that she wore a bracelet of her grandmother's and read from one of her letters too - Barbara Bush Sr was definitely in people's hearts and minds which i hope was a comfort to Pres Geo H W Bush.

in my recollection Barbara has always been skinny - and Jenna more "filled out." in that dress i am sure she wanted not one extra ounce as that design/material is not really forgiving.she is one of the few who could pull it off. 

Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess,

My first thought was questioning Laura Bush’s choice of a long sleeve dress.   However, as the hours have passed since I first saw these pictures, I thought of the last time I saw pictures of Laura Bush, which was at her MILs funeral.  

She wore a short sleeve black dress and low heel pumps, and some of those pictures were close ups, showing the same dark, splotchy bruises on her arms, and dark veins on her legs that many of us don’t like about ourselves, and would be self conscious of in pictures.   I have a feeling this had something to do with choosing long sleeves for this wedding.   

Trusted Contributor

@queendiva  I thought the same thing!