Trusted Contributor

Re: surprise! Barbara Bush just got married

@Caaareful ShopperIt appears that it is silk cut on the bias. I could wear that style when I was maybe 2 .

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@puttypiesmom wrote:

Barbara and Jenna are the same height and supposedly the same weight.  Jenna though seems more healthy looking and Barbara a paler, thinner version.  Maybe she had nerves from the preparation of the wedding, who knows, but it does seem like her clavicle showing and it seems more on the thin side.  Anyway, very happy for her and think her husband is a very nice looking man.  Can't wait to see what their babies will look like! 

A visible clavicle is not an indication of a health problem.  And I am sure you would see Jenna's clavicle in another photo.

It's not even an indication of being too thin.

Trusted Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

@lovesrecess,

My first thought was questioning Laura Bush’s choice of a long sleeve dress.   However, as the hours have passed since I first saw these pictures, I thought of the last time I saw pictures of Laura Bush, which was at her MILs funeral.  

She wore a short sleeve black dress and low heel pumps, and some of those pictures were close ups, showing the same dark, splotchy bruises on her arms, and dark veins on her legs that many of us don’t like about ourselves, and would be self conscious of in pictures.   I have a feeling this had something to do with choosing long sleeves for this wedding.   

It’s also October in Maine

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

Well done!  It looks as if that whole family is enjoying the occasion.  I can't remember seeing Laura Bush look so relaxed and happy.

Wow her dad looks so happy.  Good for them.  Lovely pictures.  Thanks for possting.

Esteemed Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

@lovesrecess,

My first thought was questioning Laura Bush’s choice of a long sleeve dress.   However, as the hours have passed since I first saw these pictures, I thought of the last time I saw pictures of Laura Bush, which was at her MILs funeral.  

She wore a short sleeve black dress and low heel pumps, and some of those pictures were close ups, showing the same dark, splotchy bruises on her arms, and dark veins on her legs that many of us don’t like about ourselves, and would be self conscious of in pictures.   I have a feeling this had something to do with choosing long sleeves for this wedding.   

Plus the fact that Maine is not the warmest place this time of year, especially so close to the water.  My sister has a place not far from the Bush home in Maine where she spends her summers while getting away from the heat and humidity in Florida.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Super Contributor

So elegant, nice to see a famous woman not sporting those horrid implants. She looks very elegant.

Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
What a beautiful setting for a wedding. She looked beautiful and I am glad her grandfather was able to attend. I am sure her namesake was there in spirit. I like that it was small and rather informal....only thing I would have changed was Laura's dress....looks like a piece of Wedgewood....😬

LOL; I thought the same thing, @lovesrecess

Esteemed Contributor

I love the idea of an intimate wedding.  Everyone looks so happy.  Not crazy about the slip dress with side boob, but no one asked me!