Esteemed Contributor

Re: suggestions for a shower gift

@Laura14 wrote:

If you know the sex or just want to go unisex, I've heard moms say they have too much for the early days and nothing for when the kid starts growing. 

If you are comfortable with clothes, maybe pick out a PJ or outift for 6-9 months or so and start that size run for her.  

That's really true.  

When I had my first child, a friend gave me a few outfits - some for 6 months, some for 9, some for 12, all the way up to 3T.  It was a great gift, and very much appreciated.

Honored Contributor

The little seat came yesterday ,while we were at mass. It was on the porch when we returned home

I was really surprised at how heavy it is. It is really sturdy. I am wondering if Mr Cherry should assemble it for her?  He is a wizard with things like this, and I don't know if she even owns a screw driver?

Trusted Contributor

I would stick to the registry. Those are the items she wants and will use and does not have them yet. And it makes it less stressful for you, too!! 

Esteemed Contributor

@cherryMy daughter had a diaper delivery service (not cloth) along with baby wipes. Came in handy when she couldn't get out and then again when she had the twins. Delivery time is quite fast.

Or, how about those stretchies in larger sizes. Since babies spit up or leak through diapers you really can't have enough.

Sheets - multiples. Babies spit up at night or soak through their diapers. Along with mattress pads. Burp cloths.

And, definitely some books for early years and again for Mom to read. I personally love Love You to the Moon... and Goodnight Moon.

Contributor

@speedy girl wrote:

I would stick to the registry. Those are the items she wants and will use and does not have them yet. And it makes it less stressful for you, too!! 

I agree.