Esteemed Contributor

Re: suggestions for a shower gift

@cherry  Onesies (sp?) in different sizes. Nothing smaller than three months. They will usually wear it for a few minutes before they grow out of it. LOL

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Contributor

https://www.amazon.com/My-Quotable-Kid-Parents-Unforgettable/dp/0811868842/ref=asc_df_0811868842_nod...

I have a journal i started started when my kids were born but later saw this one. So fun to look through it now that they’re grown.

Valued Contributor

@cheribHow about something for mom?A massage, bath kit etc...

Respected Contributor

I like to give onesies in 12 month or larger sizes. Of course the baby won't wear it right away, but they'll wear it sooner than you think, and most people give the really tiny stuff that only fits them for a hot minute or so. When they get to the 9-12-18 month sizes, then someone usually has to go shopping. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Esteemed Contributor

I bought this for my GS and also for my great-nephew:

T35711
Animated Peek-A-Boo Bear by Gund

Honored Contributor

How about a nice small, square rattan basket.  Fill it with baby powder (cornstartch kind), baby lotion, baby wipes and a couple other little things.  That is always a welcome gift.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@cherrysince you already bought something fun how about diapers.I usually add them to the gift so that the new parents can spend their own money on fun stuff that they would like for baby....diapers are always used and appreciated.

Trusted Contributor

I agree with all the posters who have suggested clothes in larger sizes.  Parents get all the small sizes, no big ones.  Some babies never wear a 0-3 mo size.

If you go the diaper route - I again suggest going with a bigger size, not the newborn size.

An idea I also love is books.  For a personal touch write a note inside the cover on one.  My MIL wrote something on the front cover of every book she bought her grandkids when they were little.  

Honored Contributor

It is a first baby and they need everything. I think her shower is going to be quite large..lots of good ideas to ponder ,,thank you ladies

Honored Contributor

Buy a cute little outfit but NOT an infant size.  She's going to get more infant outfits than the child will ever use.  Babies are bigger today, they grow fast.  I'd get get a 9 month or 12 month size.  Both my girls really appreciated things for later on.