Honored Contributor

suggestions for a shower gift

I just bought a Fisher Price infant rocker,  that can convert into a chair later ,for my niece. I would like to get her something else too. Can you offer some suggestions please?

I haven't bought much of this stuff in years ,so I am kind of clueless

Respected Contributor

Re: suggestions for a shower gift

Does she have a registry?

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you know the sex or just want to go unisex, I've heard moms say they have too much for the early days and nothing for when the kid starts growing. 

If you are comfortable with clothes, maybe pick out a PJ or outift for 6-9 months or so and start that size run for her.  

Honored Contributor

Yes ,but, it isn't in my area. I had her mom check, to see if she would like this before, I bought it. I would like to include a surprise gift

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cherry  One more thought.  If this is a niece you are close to, I actually bought a ring for each of my nieces when they were born with their birthstone in it.

Just a thought but you could do a birthstone jewelry set or piece.  My aunt started that with me when I was born and I carried the tradition onto them.  

ETA:  obviously for a girl baby only unless he is Italian than a boy baby would rock a gold chain and pinkie ring to no end.  LOL

Respected Contributor

This is a cute and functional item:

Skip Hop Moonlight & Melodies Elephant Nightlight Soother

My grandson will be arriving in a few months and I have been buying lots of outfits.  Carter's has great clothes and adorable outfits for Halloween and Christmas. 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

Stuffed animal-Jellycat at Amazon is really cute

Jellycat Bashful Beige Bunny Stuffed Animal, Medium, 12 inches

Books

Respected Contributor

JellyCat plush stuffed animals are super soft & adorable and come in a variety of sizes! They’ve got some that are plush wrist rattles, others are attached to a plush little blankie while more are plush traditional stuffed animals in various sizes. Their eyes are attached very securely so you don’t have to worry about them coming loose. 

Trusted Contributor

Why don’t you check her registry and I’m sure you can find some things on it at Amazon or stores near you.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm love books for kids learning to read. The Shel Silversteen poems are great fun and incorporate life lessons in each one. Available at Barnes and Noble bookstores. I've passed my son's book to my grandson. Those are being saved for his children. They are that good to keep for future generations!

ETA: Very popular in the 1970-80-90's when Silversteen was at his peek in writing. He never reached the heights of Milne, but won the hearts of many children and adults. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.