Honored Contributor

Re: such a dear family ... John John and Caroline

Oh, thank you for the photos!

Just to correct myself:  I hadn't clicked onto the link and mistakenly thought that the photos were of John-John and Carolyn, his wife. 

What cute photos of John-John and his sister Caroline!

Again, sorry for my 'boo-boo'.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Those photos remind me of how tenuous life is...it is easy to forget to live each day as if it is your last.  Secondly, it also reminds me of how news has changed.  The truth of the Kennedy marriage and family secrets (i.e., Rosemary's lobotomy, etc.) would have been revealed/condemned on a daily basis.  Thirdly, it reminds me of how vulnerable and precious children are...so unaware of the prestigious position or questionable actions of their father as they sit in his lap to show off Halloween costumes...priceless.  

Esteemed Contributor

@cherry

Did u notice the dial phone on the desk?

I miss these days - and President Kennedy. We felt safe with him being president and enjoyed the activities of his family. People and politicians weren't NASTY!!!!!

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

The children were little and maybe happy, and most parents including these find joy in their children.

But this was not a dear family or a happy one. 

He cheated, she knew it. There was a lot of ugly in the marriage and in their lives in general. 

I really can't stand the way people make them out to be such a fairly tale couple. It was all an act, it wasn't real. I actually feel sorry for her during those years. She tried to handle it with dignity and grace, but had her own demons as well. 

America wanted a fairy tale. It was anything but. 

Oh, the irony 

Esteemed Contributor

JFK was before my time, but I have been fascinated by much that has been written about him and the family.  I'm not one to easily buy into conspiracy theories, but I do find it interesting to read about all the possible things that may have happened surrounding his death.  I've read some lately about the son's (John Jr.'s) death as well--like he could still be alive! Wouldn't that be something!?!?  But, from what I've seen of his sister, Caroline, I'm not all that impressed.  Cute photo and videos out there of them as kids, though, including these Halloween photos posted upthread.  I do miss the simplicity of the holiday from what I remember as a kid compared to what all I see today.

Valued Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

The children were little and maybe happy, and most parents including these find joy in their children.

He cheated, she knew it. There was a lot of ugly in the marriage and in their lives in general. 

I really can't stand the way people make them out to be such a fairly tale couple. It was all an act, it wasn't real. I actually feel sorry for her during those years. She tried to handle it with dignity and grace, but had her own demons as well. 

Oh, the irony 

There's NOTHING ironic about her post.

Trusted Contributor

I so enjoyed seeing these pictures...I was born in July of 1963 so never knew the Kennedys in office nor would have any recollection of the assassination.  I've read a lot and watched a lot of documentaries about the Kennedys.

One question I have regarding the costumes that Jackie and Jean are wearing in the pictures...what are they supposed to be?  They seem eerie to me...were these types of costumes common at that time? 

It was nice to see the President happy and enjoying his children...so sad that these were some of their last days together. 

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

It was never the Camelot fairy tale no matter how many times others attempt to portray as such.

Honored Contributor

You will never appeal to everyone. The only way to avoid criticisms or judgement is to do nothing. Be bold, stand for something and know that your purpose is worth fighting for.”
Stacey Kehoe

Honored Contributor

@lOVETOSHOP  Caroline was a witch. I think her costume  was sort of a Mother Goose looking witch..Mother Goose was a popular children's classic

John was a skeleton. Yes ,those were typical children's costumes. I have no idea about the boots. They might have been new ,and the children were wearing them for fun

Red and yellow rubber boots were quite popular back then

The boys, when they were older, usually wore yellow ones, and the girls were always red