Honored Contributor

Re: stores ...soon goodbye to many I think

I was at Christopher Banks today and the manager said an interesting thing.

"If they don't find a vaccine, I'm afraid this will be the new normal".

In response to me saying "I'll be glad when things get back to normal"

Let's all pray that they do find a vaccine !

Honored Contributor

When it comes to clothes (pants, tops, lingerie) and shoes, I need to go in and physically *see* if I like the material, the design, the color and most important the fit.

If most of the chain stores close, the boutiques will survive because of people like me.  

Trusted Contributor

@happycat,

If you see this before midnight ...

the code is SPRING50

Woman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

@roeroe1005 wrote:

@happycat,

If you see this before midnight ...

the code is SPRING50

Woman Wink

Yippee! I'm off to look! Thank you so much!

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@ScrapHappy 

We "attempted" to go there today and walked in the door & out!

We need a new kitchen table and he wants new bed.  

There is only 1 Ashley furniture about a hour from here, therefore, it's usually busy but with just re-opening, good sale, holiday it was crazy.

What style mattress did you purchase if you don't mind me asking?  We haven't bought one in 10 years although I'd like the Sleep Number style but pretty expensive.

Thank you we will try going again tomorrow or Thursday.

Both the mattress and base are Beautyrest.  The mattress is a Beautyrest black.  We've been looking a long time.  Much more afforadable than others we've seen.  We also have always wanted to keep our headboard (and hopefully footboard) we have now but could never find a base to accomodate until now.  We got a split king.

Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

For health reasons I will not be shopping in person for the foreseeable future, I can buy online or not buy at all

You’re in NY right?  Poor Staten Island.  They met all the benchmarks to open and they have to stay closed.  NYers will be left with  no option than online soon for everyone.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Interesting note:  Now that I did the good deed and gave my $30 Kohl's Cash to a shopper because it was expiring and Mgr. told me "no extensions" guess what...

today, I got a email stating:  We are extending Kohl's Cash for 30 days ...

of course, wouldn't matter but I think each Kohl's has different rules and our Kohl's may be the next one to close so they need to keep every customer!  

Esteemed Contributor

I hope they can restock soon.  Most of the country is moving forward and I think in a month we will know more about the viability of businesses where they were allowed to reopen.  

Sadly, I feel it is almost hopeless for NY and NJ who stubbornly remain closed for the most part.  I realize these are hot zones in areas but parameters have been met in many cases.  The lawsuits are starting to show up now.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Snoopp wrote:

I hope they can restock soon.  Most of the country is moving forward and I think in a month we will know more about the viability of businesses where they were allowed to reopen.  

Sadly, I feel it is almost hopeless for NY and NJ who stubbornly remain closed for the most part.  I realize these are hot zones in areas but parameters have been met in many cases.  The lawsuits are starting to show up now.

@Snoopp   Curious if you live in NY or NJ.  If you don't  you probably don't understand factors that go into these decisions to keep everyone safe.  And alive.  You also may not be aware that most regions in NY are now in Phase 1 re-opening while a couple of regions still have to wait to meet the parameters for opening.  Also you mentioned Staten Island upthread. There is so much population density and travel (commuting) between the 5 boroughs that it would be impossible to have one set of rules for one borough and not the others. I'm thankful that our officials are taking this slow and steady as is evidenced by our steady decline in cases and deaths which is more than I can say for the 18+ states who are experiencing the opposite.

Remember.  This is a new virus and nothing like this has ever been experienced before. They are going so far as to study the cases by Zip Code.  Data. data. data. Data drives the decisions rather than emotion. I would rather see erring on the side of caution rather than blindly moving forward and keeping one's fingers crossed hoping for the best.  NY AND NJ are handling this slowly, prudently, intelligently and safely.  We will get there. But we will get there saving as many lives as possible.

Now if people could be counted on to Wear Masks, Social Distance, and Disinfect we could all move forward in re-opening a heck of a lot faster.  But we can already see from what has been going on around the country that that is sadly not possible for some people to do.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Esteemed Contributor

@DereeThe seven metrics were met by Staten Island so why keep them closed.  What about other areas outside of NYC where there is travel into NYC.  Those regions might have people coming and going from NYC but they get to reopen sooner.  Not to mention the ban on elective surgery that puts a strain on the hospitals, doctors and patients.  I just don't see why a slow opening can't begin when they meet his criteria.  Trampling on one's rights seems much to easy these days.