Trusted Contributor

If anyone is familiar with Carson's they are going out of business.  I went to their store yesterday for the 50% off sale on everything and was in the better designer clothes section and saw to my amazement Ivanka Trump's clothes on sale half off and they were beautiful.  I am sorry to not fit any one of them but someone who is a size 10, size 6 and below could benefit here.  Such a shame such lovely clothes are being discounted below their value.

QVC Customer Care

Re: store closing in my area

Honored Contributor

I loved the Carson Pirie Scott on State Street.  Then it became just Carson's with a much smaller presence near a major train station.  Sorry to see them go.

Respected Contributor

Yes, they were absorbed by Bon-Ton (East Coast) and when Bon-Ton couldn't find a buyer or get their credit extended earlier this year decided thatthe entire group had to go out of business.

Retail at brick and mortar is very difficult and has to adapt to the new business environment.  Somehow, Sears hangs on.

Honored Contributor

Bon-Ton has always been the "mother" store to all of its affiliates (ie. Carson's, Younker's, etc.). Yes, its a shame they couldn't find another buyer to keep them alive. The only ones showing up at their meeting were the liquidators. I sure am going to miss my Carson's. High end clothes at great prices. 

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

I think Sears is positioning themselves as an online store. My Sears purchases in the last few years (microwaves, mini refrigerator) were all done online. No problems.

Trusted Contributor

She has a great line.  She created it to counter the insane prices that prevented most of us from obtaining a basic wardrobe of classics.  Too small for me, too.  

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
QVC Customer Care

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Ivanka Trump is a multi millionaire, store closings won't affect her.  However, when these smaller businesses do close, it saddens me.  People are out of work and another local or area shopping convenience is gone.  

While I understand the need for on line shopping for those who cannot get out or just prefer that way, I try to shop at stores like Macy's, Target, Pier One, Bed Bath And Beyond and many others.  First of all I enjoy getting out and being with people, secondly I want to support these businesses.  There is something to be said about seeing products and items in person.

I would hope both on line and in person shopping could work together.  But when stores keep closing and people lose their livelihood, it isn't a good thing.  I have seen many great stores close during my life time and I miss many.  I am not against progress or change but I do feel for those who lose from these closings.  

Honored Contributor

I have not heard of the stores mentioned. There are none in my area. Ivanka Trump’s clothing has been in myTJ Maxx and Marshall’s for many years at very reduced prices.