Honored Contributor

Re: #stopasianhate and qurate

Cannot believe anyone doesn't believe hate crimes exist. They most certainly do.

"If you really want to shock the world unleash your kindness"
Respected Contributor

I realize this is unrealistic but I wonder how different our social fabric would be if all self-loathing disappeared.  

Just that one cruel introspection 

Just maybe there would be far less need to lash out hatefully to feel better.

Because I also wonder if a lot of lashing out comes from some form of unhappiness.

Certainly, in this one young man's case, had he not loathed his own weaknesses and choices, had he had some good therapy, several people would not now be dead for no reason except he needed to feel better.  Racial contempt is no doubt tied up in his convoluted rationale.  Sorting it out is way above my pay grade.

Honored Contributor

This thread isn't about the murders-see deleted posts.

"If you really want to shock the world unleash your kindness"
Respected Contributor

Thank you, QVC, for your commitment to pointing out that this serious issue of racial animosity exists, and for supporting efforts to make this nation a better place.

Companies need to speak up and take action when they see wrongdoing, and set an example to all that those terrible kinds of issues will not be tolerated or ignored.

I am very pleased that my purchases will generate funding for important contributions such as this one.

Diversity, equity and inclusion...YES!!

Esteemed Contributor

Platitudes. Americans  are great at throwing money at  problems that never seem to be resolved. 

Why not look at real statistics  to see where the  crimes against Asians are happening . Get local churches , citizens , local  government involved in  developing  programs  to unite people to teach respect and kindness.

Respected Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

It's good to see support by Qurate, but I have a feeling that this thread will eventually be poofed. I suspect that it will turn out to be controversial, therefore not allowed. I hope I'm wrong. 

Of course it will be poofed.Will soon become argumentative as they all do.

Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

Companies that do this are implying that one entire group is guilty and this problem is running rampant.

This one is so far from the truth, I find it very offensive.

What group are you talking about? Hateful people? I know of very few official groups that openly hate Asian people.

@Porcelain 

You are right, but one racial group is always getting blamed for everything.  At this point, it's so blatant, don't know how anyone could possibly hide from hearing it.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

An update on the elderly Asian lady who was just attacked in San Francisco. And, by the way, fought back.

Trigger warning: could be upsetting for sensitive folks. I know I found it upsetting!

Spoiler
"Hi everyone, after one full day of rest, my grandmother’s condition has improved slightly. However her overall mental health is still unstable. Whenever the issue is brought up to her, she gets extremely emotional and starts crying. We have to constantly calm her down and comfort her from her PTSD. She is still really dizzy and can only eat porridge. Her eye has stopped bleeding a lot but it still bleeds from time to time. She is still unable to open her eye. When we were talking to her, she stated that “she hopes the younger generation of Asian Americans can all stand up for one another, and hope they can stick up for the elderly” in Cantonese. We are extremely touched by how supportive the community has been towards our family. There is no words that can express how grateful my family is towards the community. Once again Thank you all!"
When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

Companies that do this are implying that one entire group is guilty and this problem is running rampant.

This one is so far from the truth, I find it very offensive.

What group are you talking about? Hateful people? I know of very few official groups that openly hate Asian people.

@Porcelain 

You are right, but one racial group is always getting blamed for everything.  At this point, it's so blatant, don't know how anyone could possibly hide from hearing it.  

What do you mean? Which racial group? I haven't heard this at all.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

Whether anyone wants to admit it or not, we ALL know the reason for the "Asian hate" right now.

Anyone that disagrees is living in denial or has been under a rock the last few years.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF