Esteemed Contributor

Re: #stopasianhate and qurate

@skatting44  I've been trying to find out who is behind this hastag movement and what they do. It seems nebulous to me.

Respected Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

Constantly saying things like white privilege is not exactly spreading love. 

Yeah, but it's THE PROBLEM.  So saying it calls attention to it. 

White privilege is the problem?? So all crimes against people are committed by White people? All the problems of the world are white peoples fault?  I think you need to do something about your own hate. 

@Lali1   There is quite a comparison that you can check out that truly does explain what white privilege looks like.

Line up all the perpetrators who have committed mass killings in the last 10 years.  Check out how each was apprehended and how they were in police custody.

Line up all the minority arrests for selling cigarettes, in possession of possible counterfeit money, drug possession, walking down the street, etc. and then check out how the police dealt with them and how they were in police custody.

HUGE difference = white privilege

I find your responses to be hateful, and racist. Mass killings don't mean more killings. And I can name quite a few other races besides whits that have committed mass killings. You apparently see things through the lens of racism and hate. Funny you are doing just as I mentioned in another post earlier. You are hating on and blaming one group for all the ills in the world while defending others, That is racism! 

QVC Customer Care
Esteemed Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@Starliteshine wrote:
It was an awful attack but not racist. The man suffered from mental illness. The media no longer speaks truth only their narrative.

So hate crimes  don't exist?

There's no such thing as a hate crime?

Nothing so far that the Police who are investigating  this crime  and the establishments  to see if they were illicit  human trafficking  , have definitively  declared that there was one or two motives.  They are  still investigating . So far they have a statement from the  shooter and two of his past  roommates that were in the same psychological treatment centers as he was . Why don't people wait to get the facts on this particular case . 

Yes, there have been hate crimes commited against all races in the country , so there's  work to be done to stop it. How are people raising their children in this country. What kind of violent hate ridden shows or games do they watch, how are they being brought up to be jealous of other people ? Think abt it.  Hate does not appear over night .

Respected Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Isobel Archer wrote:

@Mersha wrote:

Whether anyone wants to admit it or not, we ALL know the reason for the "Asian hate" right now.

Anyone that disagrees is living in denial or has been under a rock the last few years.

Does that also explain the resentment that they are so successful in school?

@Isobel ArcherThey are no more successful in school than any other group.  What they have is instilled principles to suceed and to never give up.  The pressure placed on the young are often overbearing.  When one in the family unit (younger person) succeeds; they entire family does.  It's cultural.  Their core beliefs make them well suited for doing well in many fields that others wouldn't necessarily push themselves for. 

Let's not get on a slippery slope of insinuating that they are smarter than any other group because they are not.

Didn't say they were smarter - said they were more successfull.  Data bear that out.

Otherwise what are the Harvard and TJ concerns about?  

Respected Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

@Mersha wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Lali1 wrote:

Constantly saying things like white privilege is not exactly spreading love. 

Yeah, but it's THE PROBLEM.  So saying it calls attention to it. 

White privilege is the problem?? So all crimes against people are committed by White people? All the problems of the world are white peoples fault?  I think you need to do something about your own hate. 

@Lali1   There is quite a comparison that you can check out that truly does explain what white privilege looks like.

Line up all the perpetrators who have committed mass killings in the last 10 years.  Check out how each was apprehended and how they were in police custody.

Line up all the minority arrests for selling cigarettes, in possession of possible counterfeit money, drug possession, walking down the street, etc. and then check out how the police dealt with them and how they were in police custody.

HUGE difference = white privilege

I find your responses to be hateful, and racist. Mass killings don't mean more killings. And I can name quite a few other races besides whits that have committed mass killings. You apparently see things through the lens of racism and hate. Funny you are doing just as I mentioned in another post earlier. You are hating on and blaming one group for all the ills in the world while defending others, That is racism! 

Just SMH.

As I said, no amount of money towards education will help.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Esteemed Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

Companies that do this are implying that one entire group is guilty and this problem is running rampant.

This one is so far from the truth, I find it very offensive.

What group are you talking about? Hateful people? I know of very few official groups that openly hate Asian people.

@Porcelainevery "official group" that dislikes Asians ~ dislikes all groups other than their own......

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@Starliteshine wrote:
It was an awful attack but not racist. The man suffered from mental illness. The media no longer speaks truth only their narrative.

So hate crimes  don't exist?

There's no such thing as a hate crime?

I never said that hate crimes don't exist. I personally experienced a hate crime attack. Not every crime is a hate crime. However,  every crime is now an opportunity for the media to put their label and narrative out there. 

Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

Companies that do this are implying that one entire group is guilty and this problem is running rampant.

This one is so far from the truth, I find it very offensive.

What group are you talking about? Hateful people? I know of very few official groups that openly hate Asian people.

@Porcelainevery "official group" that dislikes Asians ~ dislikes all groups other than their own......

Hopefully no one here belongs to those groups! That would be weird. Why would they want to post in a QVC forum?

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

was very happy to see this this morning.........

qvc stop asian hate.jpg

Thank you for posting this @sunshine45 ðŸ’œ Smiley Happy