Respected Contributor

Re: #stopasianhate and qurate

@Free2be wrote:

@hckynut wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

Companies that do this are implying that one entire group is guilty and this problem is running rampant.

This one is so far from the truth, I find it very offensive.

@Foxxee 

Me too.

hckynut 

I don't understand where this group against group idea stems from.  The hate attacks are individuals acting out, they've fed off of a narrative they've picked up but they still act out on their own.

These days everyone is fed a narrative. It's always one group against another. The media is trying terribly hard to keep us all angry at each other. It seems as though they're doing a wonderful job. 

Respected Contributor

I truly wish that I could say that I was shocked at some of the replies on this thread.  That is not the case.

You would think everyone would be on board when a particuluar segment of the population was being terrorized.

...sad days ahead for this country.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

@Starliteshine wrote:

How about QVC just does QVC and stays out of politics. When a company boasts about their donation, it is no longer a donation with good intentions. I see it as QVC jumping on an opportunity and I question their sincerity. 

What's political about being against hate? I genuinely don't get it. Can you please explain?

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Valued Contributor

It was an awful attack but not racist. The man suffered from mental illness. The media no longer speaks truth only their narrative.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Free2be wrote:

@hckynut wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

Companies that do this are implying that one entire group is guilty and this problem is running rampant.

This one is so far from the truth, I find it very offensive.

@Foxxee 

Me too.

hckynut 

I don't understand where this group against group idea stems from.  The hate attacks are individuals acting out, they've fed off of a narrative they've picked up but they still act out on their own.

@Free2be 

Yes, the individual should be blamed for the actual reason for the crime, but everyone in a certain group is always blamed for something else that doesn't have anything to do with the crime.  

Respected Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:

No details as of yet about exactly how the $200,000 will be put to use?

One would think using the funds for educational purposes would be useful but, unfortunately, that is a lost cause on the group responsible.

What group? 

Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@Starliteshine wrote:

How about QVC just does QVC and stays out of politics. When a company boasts about their donation, it is no longer a donation with good intentions. I see it as QVC jumping on an opportunity and I question their sincerity. 

What's political about being against hate? I genuinely don't get it. Can you please explain?

I know you didn't ask me-but that started fairly recently

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Valued Contributor

The media has divided the nation and attaches a label to every headline. Like it or not, those labels are political.
Esteemed Contributor

@soonersis wrote:

My older Asian American husband is frightened to go anywhere because of the pandemic.  Now does he have to worry about hatred toward him because of his race?

We all know why this treatment of Asians has gotten worse since the pandemic started.  Shame on those who have fueled those racist fires. I appauld any person or company who take a stand against the hate.

Unfortunately, it looks like this won't simmer down because hate crimes against many have been going unchecked for yearsYearsReiterating: years.  Acknowledgments are a good start, but we also have to realize that Asians come from a Continent and are not all the same ethnic group.

Stupid people don't know any better, however.  Someone from Viet Nam, South Korea, or perhaps the Phillipines isn't the same as someone from China.

@soonersisone day maybe the hate that is reinforced on us from various outlets will not be allowed to cloud our judgment and we can develop a better human experience for all.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

Constantly saying things like white privilege is not exactly spreading love. 

Yeah, but it's THE PROBLEM.  So saying it calls attention to it. 

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life