Valued Contributor

Re: #stopasianhate and qurate

Stupid, naive me. I actually smiled and thought, “Here is something we can all agree on” when I read @sunshine45  post.

Respected Contributor

@Free2be wrote:

@Isobel Archer wrote:

What i find so interesting is that some of the folks virtue signaling about how they are against "Asian hate" are just fine with keeping Asians out of Harvard and elite schools due to there being "too many of them."

Right here in Fairfax County, we have outrage that so many of the slots at a prestigious STEM school went to Asians.  That is being changed as - it is deemed "unfair."

Hmmmm.

That's been a long time simmering resentment and I think also a parental resentment and envy.  "You did a better job of raising your child that I" insofar as keeping the child focused on their studies.  Parental guilt mixed up in the resentment?  White privilege, certainly.

Yes, but the TJ situation is not about including more whites at the expense of Asians, but of including other minorities.  This means changing the entrance testing criteria.  

I believe that was the issue at Harvard as well.  

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

was very happy to see this this morning.........

qvc stop asian hate.jpg

SMH!

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@soonersis wrote:

My older Asian American husband is frightened to go anywhere because of the pandemic.  Now does he have to worry about hatred toward him because of his race?

We all know why this treatment of Asians has gotten worse since the pandemic started.  Shame on those who have fueled those racist fires. I appauld any person or company who take a stand against the hate.

Do you remember the Asian woman pleading for help from the police this past summer when BLM was burning down her business?

Honored Contributor

@nevergivesup wrote:

Stupid, naive me. I actually smiled and thought, “Here is something we can all agree on” when I read @sunshine45  post.

Yes very sad isn't it. Believe me zero offense intended, but you must not be around here often.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Foxxee wrote:

Companies that do this are implying that one entire group is guilty and this problem is running rampant.

This one is so far from the truth, I find it very offensive.

@Foxxee 

Me too.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

How about QVC just does QVC and stays out of politics. When a company boasts about their donation, it is no longer a donation with good intentions. I see it as QVC jumping on an opportunity and I question their sincerity. 

Respected Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

@Isobel Archer   ...apples and oranges.

This thead is about Asian hate, not performance in schools.

Start a new thread if you want to discuss that issue.

So stopping hate by inclusion, equity and  diversity,  has nothing to do with not discriminating against Asians in education?  Seriously?  Then what, exactly does inclusion, equity and diversity mean - just not attacking people on the street?  

Respected Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

Companies that do this are implying that one entire group is guilty and this problem is running rampant.

This one is so far from the truth, I find it very offensive.

@Foxxee 

Me too.

hckynut 

I don't understand where this group against group idea stems from.  The hate attacks are individuals acting out, they've fed off of a narrative they've picked up but they still act out on their own.

Respected Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

No details as of yet about exactly how the $200,000 will be put to use?

One would think using the funds for educational purposes would be useful but, unfortunately, that is a lost cause on the group responsible.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF