Honored Contributor

Re: stacey stauffer leaving QVC

@Shelbelle wrote:

That is one more host that I was not familiar with. 

@Shelbelle   I know Stacey was on with David quite a bit on his food shows.

I figure she's gone cause got *bumped* cause merry got canned from qvc2, who has tenure in ALL jobs.

Honored Contributor

@nonedone 

If you're talking Mary DeAngelis (david's sidekick) she's still at Q.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkerbell3 wrote:

This is TERRIBLE of QVC and shameful!!!!!  I love STacey- WHY let these people go??? Let the new hires leave!

@Tinkerbell3 

???  I don't know all the considerations when business decisions are made, but it usually has to do with the bottom line.  That's not "shameful" IMO, it's business. 

Stacey might have been a good host, but I'm betting there's a good reason she was selected.  People might like her presentations, but if they don't buy from her shows, it will definitely count against her.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I believe they hired quite a few new hosts for Q2 and Q3.

Since those channels aren't now available live, just re-runs, I'm guessing that there isn't enough air time to accomodate  those hosts.

Also, their sales, or lack of, might count, too.

Could also be that their contracts were 'up'.  

Similar circumstances in the early nineties, when major corporations were 're-organizing'. 

Lots of employees were no longer needed. 

Including long time major bank employees, etc. 

Part-timers replaced them, as I recall.

Wishing all previous and present hosts, and everyone well.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

100%... I am perplexed as to why the 'new' HSN/QVC is ditching qualified, knowledgeable hosts in lieu of doe-eyed clueless or babbling, egocentric imbeciles. 

Yes. Let go of Stacey Stauffer who knew her products, had life experience, didn't ramble on about her personal life -- or Antonella Nestor who was hilarious and enjoyable, and yet knew her products -- but keep the washed up TV anchors and beauty queens. And while you're at it, keep the horrible Customer Service and inane 'new management' making these ridiculous decisions. 

My fear is that next up Jayne Brown and Pat James Dementri will be on the chopping block. HSN always seemed bargain basement -- in every way to me, including their hosting selection. QVC seemed like the Classy Big Sister (this was years ago). Now, it's apparent their related. 

Miss you !!

Occasional Contributor

I liked her too.  Surprised to see her go.  

Occasional Contributor

Gabrielle to?  Oh no.  I haven't seen Antonella