Honored Contributor

spitting that snow out there, 34 degrees

So tomorrow's chili day.  I'll appreciate a tummy warmer dinner.  Give him a night off of kitchn duty.  I so love my crockpot or slowcooker.  Whichever way you say it.

When it snows, what's the first meal you think you'd like for your tummy warmer meal?

Honored Contributor

Re: spitting that snow out there, 34 degrees

Chili and soups are my tummy warmers too.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Chicken pot pie - not the kind with a crust; more like chicken and homemade pot pie noodles.

Respected Contributor

Chili

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

One (or two) of the Best Parts of "Autumn," & esp "Winter."  *Soups & Stews"   While the Bread Maker is whipping up & baking some "homemade" bread. The mixed scents are intoxicating. And my tummy is so welcoming!

I dont think I've ever met a Soup or Stew or Chowder I didnt like, esp Seasonal. 

(well, except for plain tomato soup, for some reason)

And love those issues of the various Food Magazines, each year.

Great topic, @qualitygal    & contributors!

Respected Contributor

A hearty, vegetable laden chicken soup! Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

Chili is always a great meal in the cold weather.  I also like to do a roast  beef dinner or chicken dinner in the crockpot.  I couldn't live without mine, I use it all winter long.  Love it!   Wish we would have some snow in southern New England, we've been getting all rain this season so far.

Honored Contributor

I don't wait for snow, we might not get any significant snow this year. It's 42, warn for January but I'm enjoying my soups. I'm eating healthy and losing weight so it's all about clear soups. I'm waiting for Uber Eats to deliver chicken noodles soup and chunky minestrone from a local restaurants. I ordered a quart of each.  

Respected Contributor

I always make chili or soup as soon as the weather gets cold....always look forward to making it and eating it! It will be 71 and sunny here  tomorrow so the soup and chili will have to wait a couple of weeks....

Valued Contributor

Love soup/chili anytime but especially when its cold, I also love a pot of chicken and dumplings. I wish it was cold here in VA, its been spring like weather since after Christmas with rain and fog at nights. It was nice and cold for Christmas and now we have had 60 degree weather.   While I like warm weather just not this time of year, I enjoy the seasons to be what they should be, not to mention it has caused my allergies to act up. Still enjoy a good pot of soup and/or chili with cornbread.