Honored Contributor

@catter70 

Here in the Midwest we got about 4" Saturday-Sunday morning. Had a little sleet earlier Sunday, even though it was fluffy snow, the ice underneath made it harder to shovel.

We live on a V shaped county road and the last house on a Cul-de-sac. Our little gas friendly car? No way even to get out onto the road. Then it's down a steep hill and up another just as steep. So, into the big SUV, to be able to get the 20 miles to the ice rink Sunday.

Still will need to use the SUV to skate tomorrow afternoon. The main roads are fine, but getting to them with Lil Yellow, not so much.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

wintertacos.jpg

I grew up in Iowa and live in Texas, but if I was still up north and wanted TexMex food nothing would stop me!

Trusted Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

I'm in E. Pa. and sitting it here watching it snow. It wasn't supposedto stick. It is.The even worse news is that we might get 12-18 " Wed. afternoon into Thurs. morning. Sick of it already.

@catter70    Well we have an update on the weather.  Looks like the snow starts around 2:00 Wednesday....15 inches is expected.  The weather report said to expect power outages.  I just received my HALO power cube .  So thankful it came early.  It is fully charged and at least that will give me some peace of mind knowing I can keep my phone and I pad charged.... On the down side...my Russel Stover tins arrived today with the 4 pounds of chocolates.  I need to put them somewhere so I don't get tempted.  😄

Esteemed Contributor

N.AZ. here and maybe a dusting, but we're already 2" above average for year.  Worst I've seen in 13 years here was 37" but its all relative.  When I lived in Germany, several of us took a week long vacation to Italy in January; had to go through Swiss Alps.  So much snow we had to put my Karmen Gia on a train!  Where they plowed the snow was 8-9'.  Been in very snowy places occasionally since then but that took the cake!  Good luck to those who are snowed in!  Hope you don't lose power or if you do, not for long!

Respected Contributor

We are expecting our first major snowfall Thursday as well in Nova Scotia.  We went from balmy weather to freezing yesterday.  Fired up the woodstove yesterday.  Hoping we get a big storm but not lose power.  Everyone has outdone themselves with Christmas lights this year so it will be beautiful.  I am ready to wuiktby the woodstove all day.  S aka Lilysmom 

Respected Contributor

Looking to get 18-24" in my neck of the woods.  I have no where to go and I have a generator if we lose power so I am going to stay in and enjoy the beauty!  I am in the Northwest New Jersey; very different in the south of my state and coastline getting all rain.  I am okay with the snow totals but don't like the wind taking trees down!