Esteemed Contributor

Re: snow and winter

[ Edited ]

@qualitygalInteresting you would mention dates of first and last snowfalls. Last year on today's date, I was sitting on lawn furniture on another newly poured patio!

In December 2017, the landscapers removed all of my 20-30 year old shrubs (except one yew, a pyrocantha, the peonies, and a newer grouping of burning bushes). They built raised flower beds, a dry creek bed, and buried all the downspouts (which now drain into the commons area behind my home). The sod was relaid and I continued to water the lawn until mid-December! It was a lovely, warm year and my lawn returned beautifully in the spring. All new plants and shrubs were ordered and planted by the landscapers in May. It became my Happy Place all over again!   

In contrast, last night we received our first major snowstorm. The winds plastered snow (perhaps some sleet?) against the windows! The snow crew looked frozen to the bone this afternoon when doing my drive and walks. So grateful for them. Have a feeling this is going to be a long, cold, wicked winter.  

Money screams; wealth whispers.