Honored Contributor

shout out to store clerks, cashiers!!!

All the people I encountered today were great!  Positive, helpful and pleasant even though customers certainly weren't!!!

Somebody was yelling at bakery clerk because a person sneezed "near the donut case"....dear lord, it was ridiculous the way this woman spoke to this young kid.

He just politely removed the donuts from the case...

SMH and realize these young kids are too nice to be yelled at or blamed for not having what a customer wants!  These young people were all pleasant🙂

Trusted Contributor

Re: shout out to store clerks, cashiers!!!

Not that you should be yelling at anyone but why yell at the bakery clerk instead of saying something to the person that sneezed?

Honored Contributor

If someone is coughing or sneezing I have no time to stick around yelling at anyone...I am out of there hopefully faster than a sneeze spreads.

Trusted Contributor

@homedecor1   I agree! Not only all of the customers they have to deal with, but also they are being exposed to everything as well.

I ran into a supermarket yesterday for just a couple of items. I noticed most people were also only buying a few items.

While I was at the Deli counter the lady next to me was yelling at the Deli clerk. The clerk was a new trainee. The woman told anyone who would listen how she was at the counter for 30 minutes. I said to her, I understand that is a long time, the clerk is new it could be her first day. Try to patient with her. She could be overwhelmed right now. I got the evil eye. I kept thinking, keeping yelling at her and you will be here another 30 minutes.

Trusted Contributor

i went to the store at 10 pm last night.. best time only 6 or 7 cars in the parking lot.. place was empty... i got what i needed which wasnt alot.. there was not alot of meats. boxed items were mostly gone and no milk at all... but i did get a few more rolls of toilet paper  lol and extra paper towels... i dont buy alot. i have a tiny apt and i dont have the room to bulk shop at all... i was thinking when i do need toilet paper or paper towels will there be any??? so i now have enough for at least 2 months... this is a serious illness and u do need to be really careful.. but im still going to do what i have to do.. i need to fo to the laundrymat tonight... some people just cant stop living and stay at home for months... and i work in a hospital.. so im around germs alllll the time.... i'll never be out of work so thats one good thing... times like this we have call outs and im asked to work more which is good... so im blessed with that, i wont be laid off till the craziness is over.. they shiut down mostly everything around here with the exception of food stores etc... they even just have take out at most restaurants... stay safe everyone........ hopefully this is all over real soon.......

Respected Contributor

I will stand up for the mistreatment of cashiers and customer service staff.

One occasion a woman was yelling at the CS saying she was standing in line half an hour which wasnt true ,to be  told they dont weigh produce, her cherries. I looked at the woman and said it wasn`t her fault, CS does not weigh produce.

Another man was screaming he was overcharged a few cents on some apples. I told him with all the varieties of apples, easy to make a mistake.

I help bag my groceries and adjust the UPC codes on heavy items. To easily scan. I appreciate these checkers they  as work long hours for low pay standing most of a shift. 

Respected Contributor

Just ridiculous.  These hard working people are on the front lines - having to touch and scan everything, long lines and dealing with surly customers.  Have some respect for those trying to just do their jobs and get thru the day w/this crisis at hand.  They are to be commended, not reprimanded.

In a way I think that since this health crisis is world wide and with the internet we can connect with people from all over the world, that SOMEHOW, could this virus that is now keeping us apart, in the end bring us closer together?  Or will we resort to business as usual when the crisis runs its course?

We shall see.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

Is this the worst virus we have ever seen? I don't remember anything like this. There was the Swine Flu, and Avian Flu, I don't recall the mass hysteria with them as we have now.

Honored Contributor

Unless somebody saw those donuts being tossed, I guarantee they were put back in the case after the customer left.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2  I believe the Swine flu was a lot worse.  I have seen on the news that Covid-19 is much more contagious though and that is part of the reason for the hysteria.