Honored Contributor

Re: shooting at ft lauderdale airport 1/6/17

Now they are reporting that he had an altercation on the flight and may have been waiting for the other party.

Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

Did anyone catch what Shep on Fox said the 2 best hospitals in that area were and if you made it there, you would live?

Broward County has two level one trauma centers--Broward Health Medical Center and Memorial Regional Hospital.  I believe all eight patients were taken to Broward Health as it would be the closest.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

He legally put that gun in his checked bag, and had the ammunition separate accdg to the rules. He allegedly loaded the gun in the bathroom, I would assume after taking it out of his checked bag. If all this is true it would seem TSA did nothing wrong.

So he figured out how to do what he did based on what is still allowed. 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

I doubt this incident will have any impact on the laws regarding travelling with guns.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

i have had no problems with the CNN and CBS coverage so far.

I've had CNN on more than the others.  They seem to be doing a good job.

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Seems that is like fox, do not watch.

I don't usually watch Fox but when there is something serious going on like today and Shep Smith is reporting Fox is my channel of choice.  Once he goes off air then I switch.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

I doubt this incident will have any impact on the laws regarding travelling with guns.

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

I think you are probably right.Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

I've been hearing "mental health issues" may have been a factor and that if someone knew of it then why did they not speak up...?? Really? It's now another person's problem?? Oh geez.Smiley Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I've been hearing "mental health issues" may have been a factor and that if someone knew of it then why did they not speak up...?? Really? It's now another person's problem?? Oh geez.Smiley Frustrated

How many times this has been the case, also more security, never thought about this type of thing,and people picking you up.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

I doubt if it mattered if anyone spoke up or not.  I'll tell you why. 

I have some rental property.  Recently a tenant of mine came to me and reported that another tenant (woman) in the next apartment had 3 guns.  She showed the guns to him.  I know the guy (personally) that told me and he is on the up and up.  He was concerned because this woman has obvious mental issues.  In fact, her case worker from the Mental Health office came with her to help her rent the apartment from me.

I called the mental health office where the woman goes for treatment and tried to talk to the case worker.  They told me I needed to talk to a supervisor.  The mental health office  told me that it was against the law for her to own a weapon because she has been involuntarily hospitalized.  They said this was a police issue and to call them.

I called the police and told them about it and they said it was not for sure against the law for her to have a weapon.  They said if it had been a certain length of time since she had been hospitalized and she was "in treatment" that she could have a gun!!!  I couldn't believe it.
The police told me they would check it out.  Edited to say:  The Chief of Police told me he'd keep me informed.  I have not heard from them since and it has been 2 weeks!!! 
I'm sorry, but something is wrong with that picture!  This woman does not need a gun!