Trusted Contributor

Re: sharon faetsch leaving qvc

@BirkiLady wrote:

@KKlimSnarky? Sharon doesn't know the meaning of that word. Give her a break. She's just had guests for Thanksgiving, surgery on her toe and is posting to those of us who care about her.

If you can't say something nice, don't read about her. She represented QVC very, very well during her years there and deserves a lot of respect. She's earned it by working hard, always prepared and knowledgeable. She never had to resort to some crazy tactics used by a few of the hosts. Sharon is a smart, intellegent woman. She'll return to the public eye in a few years and do whatever she pleases. Confident she won't do another host gig!

Hosting at a shopping network would be a fabulous life for a single person. But who wants that stress in their lives and lack of personal time with loved ones? Has to be rough on marriages. Those hosts with families give up a lot for a hefty income. It speaks volumes about their priorities in life. A few have successfully managed a host position, marriage and a family life successfully. The cracks have been apparent to viewers, although not mentioned publicly often over the years. 

Very well said.

Trusted Contributor

Very few hosts have carved out a successful post-hosting on QVC television career.  I think it depends a great deal upon whether they left voluntarily or were terminated.   I am sure the hosts now have the option of going to HSN, and vice versa.  Plus, the Lisa Robertson model may seem attractive, although it took a while to gain its wings and it requires a lot of work plus an office and warehouse staff to have such an online business.

Valued Contributor

@KKlim  She seemes interested in interacting, but she asks a loaded ? and did not respond to a single one. What don't you understand about that?

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva

People say many things - but, in time, their views change. Can't people change their minds???

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Hi @wildlifewitch.. i totally understood your post.. when I said I wasn’t sure about your question - I meant I didn’t have an answer as to why she didn’t answer any questions. Sorry didn’t mean to sound ambiguous. I was typing fast. I reread Sharon’s post again . I found it to be a very interesting post the way she worded even the beginning sentences. Love Sharon and I guess we’ll just have to follow her and see other posts from her. I have a feeling there will be more conveyed....lol
Honored Contributor

I understood Sharon's original post to mean that she would answer the questions in a future post of hers.  I don't think she ever intended to answer them individually.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NickNack wrote:

I understood Sharon's original post to mean that she would answer the questions in a future post of hers.  I don't think she ever intended to answer them individually.

thanks @NickNack

that is exactly what she meant. it isnt difficult to figure out if you read her entire post.

"But, if you've always wondered something, leave a comment below and I'll turn some of them into posts here!"

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

@sunshine45 Aren't you not a ray of sunshine. I read it and din't get that at all.

Occasional Visitor

With all due respect...QVC's food shows are going to suffer!  No one could represent food better than Sharon.  She could eat and still look beautiful at the same time...she just had a very special way of making it look delicious and enjoyable & do it with class.  I haven't seen anyone else equal her ability in that way.  We will miss her !   

Honored Contributor

Re: sharon faetsch leaving qvc?

Funny the things you learn just scrolling through threads. I don't watch Q anymore, just browse here and sometimes look at items recently on air, and saw this thread. Interesting to read about.
"To each their own, in all things".