Honored Contributor

Re: sharon faetsch leaving qvc

For the past 10 years or so, I was told to write Facebook posts every day to tease the shows that I had coming up. Sometimes I loved doing it, other times, I really didn't want to as my life was busy with other obligations. Much like David Letterman began to grow a beard the moment he left CBS, I paused my social media output the moment I left QVC. Now, I can do it on my own terms! Truthfully, I had a lot going on this past weekend. Family came in to town for Thanksgiving, the kids have been busy with school, and I just had my second surgery on my toe (as you can see in the photo). I had an issue healing the first time around, and now I can heal properly and not worry about fitting in to a pair of heels to go back on the air! So, here I am yesterday, watching a Gourmet Holiday on QVC with my foot in the air, texting with some of the guests after they get off the air.

So, let me ask you, what have you always wanted to know about being a QVC Host? Of corse, there are certain things that, contractually, I am not allowed to talk about, like salary. But, if you've always wondered something, leave a comment below and I'll turn some of them into posts here!

sf.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

What a beautiful home!

Super Contributor

@hellie jo wrote:

What a beautiful home!

I was just thinking the same thing. I don't envy anyone having to clean the top windows.

Respected Contributor

I found that post interesting from Sharon. Im trying to figure out if there was a tiny degree of snarkiness maybe..? Not sure. Why would she ask people to ask any questions they want about being a QVC host.. I’m so glad she appears to be happy!! I liked her..
Valued Contributor

@KKlim More importantly, why hasn't she answered a single question? 

Honored Contributor

@wildlifewitch wrote:

@KKlim More importantly, why hasn't she answered a single question? 

she said she would address/answer some of the questions by creating subsequent posts.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@KKlimSnarky? Sharon doesn't know the meaning of that word. Give her a break. She's just had guests for Thanksgiving, surgery on her toe and is posting to those of us who care about her.

If you can't say something nice, don't read about her. She represented QVC very, very well during her years there and deserves a lot of respect. She's earned it by working hard, always prepared and knowledgeable. She never had to resort to some crazy tactics used by a few of the hosts. Sharon is a smart, intellegent woman. She'll return to the public eye in a few years and do whatever she pleases. Confident she won't do another host gig!

Hosting at a shopping network would be a fabulous life for a single person. But who wants that stress in their lives and lack of personal time with loved ones? Has to be rough on marriages. Those hosts with families give up a lot for a hefty income. It speaks volumes about their priorities in life. A few have successfully managed a host position, marriage and a family life successfully. The cracks have been apparent to viewers, although not mentioned publicly often over the years. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

@BirkiLady.. before you continue to go on and on w/your endless post to me... you obviously didn’t ready my post completely. I was in defense of Sharon and have stated several times that I liked her and she was a great host. Geez..
Respected Contributor

Hi @wildlifewitch... not sure to your question.. I guess we’ll be finding out soon enough. It seems Sharon is interested in interacting w/ her Q Fans now by the sound of her 1st post since resigning..🙂
Respected Contributor

@Birki.. then obviously u have problems reading.. do me a favor and please leave me alone.