Esteemed Contributor

Re: sharon faetsch leaving qvc

What a beautiful family. She is doing the right thing to leave to spend more time with her kids. I had to do that too when my girls were young. And I have a special needs child who needed me.  Family comes first. Good for Sharon.

Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:
yes, she just confirmed it on her qvc facebook page.     Sharon Faetsch QVC

So, if you missed the announcement that I just made on the air, here it is: After 15 years of being your Foodie Friend on QVC, I have decided to leave. At 11 and 9 years old, my kids certainly aren't getting any younger, and I want to spend more time just being a mom. QVC has been such a wonderful place to work and I will always remember the amazing time that I spent here. My last show will be on Wednesday, November 21st. This facebook account will stay with QVC, but I have another one at https://facebook.com/SharonFaetsch. Please follow me there so that we can continue to chat about food, fashion, and what's happening in the world! Thank you to all of you for being on the other side of the screen, and for being so kind to me for so many years!😘😘😘

sf.jpg

Thanks for sharing Sharon's news and comments here, @sunshine45. I'm not on FB and didn’t see the on air announcement. 

She has been a delightful host who I've enjoyed over the years. I'll miss her smiling face and enthusiasm, but we all must decide what's best for ourselves and our family at various stages. 

And what a beautiful family she has! That's such a sweet photo.

Best wishes to Sharon as she turns the page. 🥂 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

Yeah, sure.  Quitting to spend time with the kids who are in school all day.  Hosts come, hosts go for a variety of reasons.  We'll probably see her down the road some time doing infomercials or representing some product on some other shopping channel.  

Agree @chrystaltree.  She'll probably pop up somewhere after the first of the year when the holidays are over.

@San Antonio Galand @chrystaltree  I agree.  Sharon asks that we follow her on her new FB page; that new FB page says Sharon Faetsch, Public Person.  That's a FB page people create when they intend to stay in business in some capacity.

I wish her well, she seems like a lovely person.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Whether it be her own doing or not, I wish her well.

Honored Contributor

Sharon is doing a nice job on tonight's food show.  She's very good with both the product rep and the callers.  I think Q will miss her!

Esteemed Contributor

@ValuSkr I agree, she does a good job.  I think she does a lot of the food presentations.

Super Contributor

Gee, I'm sorry to hear this -- I've always enjoyed her presentations quite a bit.  She has a poise and confidence that remind me of Ashley Judd -- a lack of self-consciousness or something -- that make her sales presentations interesting.  Too bad.

I was thinking the other day how I miss some of the old hosts so much. 

Honored Contributor

For those who choose not to believe her....why not just give her the benefit of the doubt?  I know many people who quit their jobs or got a part time job during their kids growing up years.  There are still some "authentic" people out there who speak the truth.....believe it or not!!!!

Trusted Contributor

@GAQShopr53 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

just turned on qvc for a moment and it sounded like sharon faetsch is leaving qvc very soon? was anyone else watching the food show? it looked like david and valerie bertinelli were telling her they would miss her. she said her kids were so happy that they were going to be able to spend more time with her?

I am happy for Sharon...I really enjoyed her presentations as she was always thorough and left you with few questions about a product...Wishing her and family all the best at whatever her next endeavor may be!

I agree that her presentations were so helpful. In fact, the few Logo pieces I have are due to Sharon trying them on.  She is my size and coloring, so I knew if it didn't look too long and poofy on her, it would be good on me.  Also, tried some new colors because they looked good on her.  

I will definitely miss her, but happy she's leaving in time to have the holidays with her family.    

Respected Contributor

Good for her .... there are other things in life besides money and fame.  Glad Sharon is following her heart.  Before she knows it, her kids will be off to college, and that's it .... she'll have no regrets.