Honored Contributor

Re: sharon faetsch leaving qvc

So happy that she will get to be a SAHM and be involved in her children's lives, I'm sure they are active in sports and many other activities at this stage of their lives. Good for her!

Honored Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

@chiclet wrote:

No one is going to say they are leaving because they hate working for the company.  Kids are a nice and convenient excuse for leaving.  I believe it more when they quit after having a baby and want to stay home and care for it.  Companies like Qvc probably are on the hosts about numbers and sales.  I can imagine it is stressful to deal with the vendors, competitive hosts and the company numbers.  When I worked part time in retail for little more than minimum wage it was unreal what they expected from you in sales.  

Also, contract renewals are usually in December. (Q)

I don't have knowledge of QVC's contracts, so it would be hard to say for sure.   Even if the timing is the same (December), that still wouldn't tell us for certain who made any of the decisons or why they did.   I continue to hope Sharon, and all those we came to "know" to some extent on the Q, will have good things to come in the future.😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

What a lovely compliment, @dex!   And such kind words, @Mlsg!    I thank you, and I appreciate you, both of you, more than you know.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Yeah, sure.  Quitting to spend time with the kids who are in school all day.  Hosts come, hosts go for a variety of reasons.  We'll probably see her down the road some time doing infomercials or representing some product on some other shopping channel.  

Since (to my knowledge) no one here is privy to what goes on in Sharon's life or behind the scenes at QVC, I will take her at her word. Kids are in school for part of the day, but Sharon's schedule was not 9-5 at the Q -- she often worked nights and weekends and didn't have regular, set hours. I also don't have any idea what her husband's career or schedule is. As someone else pointed out, her kids may have more sports and activities going on as they get a bit older, things in which she would like to participate or events she would like to attend. In any case, maybe it's contract time and she evaluated what was offered and her current life situation and decided to take some time away. Maybe she was let go. Maybe she will show up at some point representing a product or whatever (that would certainly seem to have a much smaller time commitment than being a full-time host). In the end, though, it's all speculation, isn't it?

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is speculation

Occasional Contributor

Just heard Sharon was leaving QVC,so sorry to hear this.She's a wonderful host...I have always liked her...Good luck Sharon...you will be missed.

Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@sunshine45

Thank you for sharing this!

Beautiful beautiful family!

As anyone knows, children’s young lives are a crucial time of development! Some need their moms in their lives more than others. SAHMing is a TOUGH job...I felt lucky to have that opportunity.

I wish Sharon and family a warm holiday season! She will be missed!

Hello  @LTT1,

What a lovely personal  post for any mother whom to be home with their children. I do remember about a month ago we touched base on this very same thing on another thread, another completely subject. I, too, had a very demanding position, and my choice was to be that fortunate "MOM' ... to be with our child for many years - something that I will treasure forever. 

So much speculation for others' personal choices in life, and quite puzzling to even bother having someone else's decision as a topic and keep it going. (??)

Being a mother, WITH CHILDREN STILL AT HOME*

[yes, at home] appears to be the most understood reasoning for so many, and yes..' IT IS THE THE HARDEST JOB', BUT THE MOST REWARDING ONE.  THANK YOU FOR YOUR POST. 

There is no way for me, personally, to explain that great `joy, especially to anyone person- female or male that has never had been a parent. I never thought it was of any issue for other to to be that concerned of my choices. 

I wish her the best of the holidays and those great years she is blessed with her children.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

I continue to hope Sharon, and all those we came to "know" to some extent on the Q, will have good things to come in the future.😊

@dooBdoo

Wishing Sharon many beautiful years having a lovely family, and most importantly, Blessings of being HAPPY.

There's something that money cannot buy~~Heart

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Yeah, sure.  Quitting to spend time with the kids who are in school all day.  Hosts come, hosts go for a variety of reasons.  We'll probably see her down the road some time doing infomercials or representing some product on some other shopping channel.  

Agree @chrystaltree.  She'll probably pop up somewhere after the first of the year when the holidays are over.

Respected Contributor

Even if Sharons kid are in school,there are a lot of hours in the day to spend time with them.Working as a host on QVC is not like working 9 to 5. They have meetings all the time from what you hear hosts say. Also if your show starts at 8 for instance you can't just come in 10 minutes before it starts,There is make-up, hair ,ect.to do before the show.Plus you work different hours and week-ends.Now she can spend more time with her family so good for her.