Valued Contributor

Re: sharon faetsch leaving qvc

@sunshine45 wrote:

just turned on qvc for a moment and it sounded like sharon faetsch is leaving qvc very soon? was anyone else watching the food show? it looked like david and valerie bertinelli were telling her they would miss her. she said her kids were so happy that they were going to be able to spend more time with her?

@sunshine45 wrote:

just turned on qvc for a moment and it sounded like sharon faetsch is leaving qvc very soon? was anyone else watching the food show? it looked like david and valerie bertinelli were telling her they would miss her. she said her kids were so happy that they were going to be able to spend more time with her?

yes      but  don't think she is going to spend more time with her kids, this is the same excuse women on tv use and then you see them on tv again.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Whatever her plans are for the future, I am pretty sure she will have fun making Christmas cookies with her kids this year and do other fun things with them.

Esteemed Contributor

Best wishes and good luck to Sharon!   I really enjoyed her fashion presentations!!  She always offered good descriptions and essential information about the garments.

Honored Contributor

What a nice looking family she has, I remember when she was pregnant with her son, he is so big now!  Best wishes, Sharon!

Honored Contributor

She doesn’t really owe us an explanation at all. What would yuh have wanted her to say?

Esteemed Contributor

As viewers and customers, we have two options: to believe the explanation Sharon gave on camera, or not.

I choose to believe her.  However, she doesn't owe any of us an explanation, as you say.

But because I believe she is a gracious and thoughtful woman, she probably realized that a sudden departure would cause speculation and concern, given prior "disappearances".  In any event, speculation is normal and will continue.

Thanks Sharon for including us, and for all the viewing and shopping enjoyment you've provided for 15 years.  

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45

Thank you for sharing this!

Beautiful beautiful family!

As anyone knows, children’s young lives are a crucial time of development! Some need their moms in their lives more than others. SAHMing is a TOUGH job...I felt lucky to have that opportunity.

I wish Sharon and family a warm holiday season! She will be missed!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Valued Contributor

I get the impression this is the usual time of year that QVC lets people go.

E.g. It was this time of year when Lisa Robertson left and Albany Whateverhernamewas left “to spend more time  with her family”.

Maybe I’m misremembering.

Maybe it’s also because in a far eastern country where I used to live, nobody ever seemed to get sacked, it was always announced that they all just desperately want to spend more time at home.

Honored Contributor

It's a shame that Sharon is leaving.  She was so good on food demonstrations; we'll miss her descriptive facial expressions.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Yeah, sure.  Quitting to spend time with the kids who are in school all day.  Hosts come, hosts go for a variety of reasons.  We'll probably see her down the road some time doing infomercials or representing some product on some other shopping channel.