Respected Contributor

sent out 16 cards got 6 back

Yes too sad yes the Christmas  cards days are over. things change fast. Yes  I will do the same amount next yrs, i dont care I like doing it 

Respected Contributor

Re: sent out 16 cards got 6 back

@sissel   This happened to me two years ago. This past year I sent a card when I received one. Sent a total of 8 cards. Sad that this is a lost tradition.

Super Contributor

I sent out over 30 christmas cards and got back about 6 too. very frustrating. i guess text messages and email have replaced them. or Zoom, Skype  Duo, etc . Was tickled to get a card from QVC. Happy New Year. 

Honored Contributor

You know what, I only got back about 1/3 of what I sent out.  Many no longer on the list, but I'm going to send them any time around Christmas that I want to.  I didn't send for years, when everyone was doing it on line.  There's just some things, I think I'll still do.  Before the time comes, when I no longer can do some of those precious things I know about, I'm going to do it.  Besides that, it's mail that's pretty and not a bill.  I think it lets people know we are thinking of them too.  It's sweet. 

Honored Contributor

I'm embarrassed when someone sends me a card only after I've sent them one - embarrassed that they can't appreciate my gesture without feeling the need to reciprocate, and embarrassed that I caused them to spend for a card and postage.  In the end, I don't send many cards at all any more.

Esteemed Contributor

@sissel 

@qualitygal 

@tarytoo 

@panda1234 

And all other card-sending sisters....same story for me.  Probably sent out 25+ and received maybe 8.

When I was a child, my mother worked in the office of a greeting card distributor in St. Louis.  She would always bring home the old sample books and we were in awe of the fancy cards -- especially the ones with gold or silver inside the envelopes.  We hung on to those books for years!

I still love sending pretty cards, but, sadly, I think we are a dwindling minority.

Esteemed Contributor

I got a couple boxes of cards on sale 2 years ago....when I use those up, I probably won't send any...

Honored Contributor

I stopped sending Christmas cards years ago. I found that I was receiving cards by those only to be polite. I used to send my many cards out on Dec 1st every year. I would get many in return. The year I didn't send any out anymore, I got none. So, those that I sent cards to were only sending me one in return only to be polite, not that they really wanted to. No way to be friends in my book.

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

I never send cards out anymore.  I still get them amd resist the urge to send a return card!  S

Esteemed Contributor

I only send to a couple of select people. My husbands brother and sister don't even acknowledge them so why bother. Haven't heard from either of them in years.  Next year I will send probably 3. One to our friends, my best friend from 1st grade and my husbands boss. Heck even my dentist didn't send one and I spent a fortune this year.