Trusted Contributor

Re: scam over new medicare cards

We have both received ours as of about a month ago.  Our last name starts with a letter at the end of the alphabet!  I read they are going by state. Woman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

Got ours.  And never ever give out informationo over the phone.  

Respected Contributor

My last name starts with a Z and I've had my card since June. I remember because I had a doctor appointment and needed to remember to give them my new info.It's a shame that someone is always wanting to rip the other guy off instead of getting a real job.

Honored Contributor

i got mine several months ago

Respected Contributor

@gmabee38 wrote:

It's hard to believe that there are still some people in this world that needs to be reminded not to give out personal important information to any one they don't know????

@gmabee38 Sorry, it’s very easy to believe some people can be scammed.   There’s a lot of elderly that gets these calls and they think it’s real and will give out the information.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@151949 @Krimpette  @GenXmuse  That's not entirely true. I received mine in Nebraska. My sister recently received hers in Florida.

Medicare is covering all states via USPS now.  Why don't you confirm and post your souces?

You should have learned earlier this week from your inaccurate post which, as usual, turned into a huge arguement. Please stop this nonsense. It's not enjoyable for anyone.

Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady Excuse me....I believe my post indicated the listing of state-by-state mailings directly from the Medicare website.  (Apology accepted).

Spoiler
Spoiler
Heart
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Krimpette  Thanks. Your post confirms what I had posted to 151949 earlier (then deleted) that my sister in Tampa had, indeed, received her new card in August. I didn't have anything other than her word as proof. Your post goes on to provide information that Medicare is in the process of mailing cards to ALL states (and have been doing so since the end of June).

If it is by Alphabetical order or Numberical order (within each State) is anyone's guess. With all the speculation, I'm surprised the numberical order hasn't been considered!! Don't begin THAT. 

Honored Contributor

I go crazy with the 'block call' button on my phone.  No chance of me EVER giving out information over the phone.

I'm way too paranoid for that!

Respected Contributor

@BirkiLady

It's not "anyone's guess" as to the schedule that Medicare is following to mail out new cards.

These  conversations could be stopped by simply going to a source of the REAL info..........updated just one week  ago.   They are mailed out by state and even by region.  See the map and other info here.........

https://www.medicare.gov/NewCard/